Chapter 28 - Selling My Soul To The Devil

Walking away from Thomas and Tony I felt as if my limbs were going to fall off, they were shaking so hard. It was almost as if I had just jumped into a hole in the middle of a frozen lake. Nova was gripping my hand so tightly that I think he stopped blood from circulating as he led me away. I could hear Kyle's loud steps behind me, even over the music.

He led me into a large room surrounded in vanity mirrors. In the middle of the room were 4 benches and when we made it over Nova grabbed me by the shoulders and sat me down. He tucked his hands behind my ears and placed his thumbs on my cheeks as he sat on the bench across from mine. He leaned his forehead on mine and I could feel his fingers trembling.

Kyle stood by the door with his arms crossed, obviously giving us some space.

"Are y-you o-okay?" It wasn't until I spoke that I could hear my teeth chattering. He shook his head without saying a word.

I didn't understand why I was shaking so terribly but when a sudden image of seeing Tony only moments ago flashed into my thoughts I realized why.

I had been trying to act tough but seeing Tony had made so many different types of emotions course through my entire body. I was feeling every negative emotion there ever was and my body didn't know how to deal with it. I was angry, upset, terrified and anxious all at the same time and in those few minutes that I had suppressed it I had made my body essentially break down.

Without warning Nova suddenly shot up from his seat and charged for the door. Kyle must have known this would happen because he quickly rammed into Nova to keep him from going any further.

"I should rip that fucker to shreds!" Nova tried to push past Kyle but he kept a firm grip on his friend.

"That won't help anything, Ryder! Calm down! You'll only make things worse!" Nova shoved Kyle away from him but didn't make any attempt to charge for the door again.

"How dare he come here and talk to her like that! How dare Tommy bring him over to her. I'll kill them both."

I had never seen Nova this angry before. It was honestly scary and right now that was the last thing that I needed.

"Ple-ease. Calm d-down." He snapped his head in my direction with daggers but once he noticed my face I could see him slowly relax the muscles in his shoulders.

Sighing he took a seat on the bench in front of me again, "I promise he won't touch you again, Dani."

He placed his hand on my knee and looked into my eyes, I knew that. I had always known that. I was safe as long as Nova was here with me.

"I know."

He gave me a sad, half smile when the voice of the announcer came on over the speakers, "Ladies and Gentlemen! This is your last chance to place in bets! The fight will begin in 5 minutes!"

My shaking limbs slowly turned into a slight shiver and I could feel Nova cringe at his cue to get ready. I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a quick peck on the lips, "Go. Get all your anger out. I'll be fine." He pressed his lips together, gave me a long hard kiss and quickly stormed out the door. He closed the door behind him and I sighed, burying my face into my hands.

I could hear Kyle take a seat beside me. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders, "He'll be fine." I lifted my head from my hands to lean into his shoulder. I knew he would be but I was just so tired of being down here. I was so tired of half the people I knew and loved being a part of this club, willingly or not. 3 visits, 3 visits was all it took to make me tired of this place once and for all.

I could only imagine how Nova felt having what had probably felt like being trapped here for years now.

I lifted my head, took a deep breath and stood up. If I was going to get Nova out of being a part of this place then this was going to be my home now. This was going to be my home for a very long time and I needed to make sure I got used to it.