Chapter 2

Neutral Territory
Kyran's POV

Monster, Evil, Villian, Murderer, Vampire. I am all of these things, and more. Does it bother me? Not so much anymore. You get used to the names after hearing them again and again for thousands of years. But, the one thing I will not stand by and be called, is stupid.

So just who does this boy think he is? Does he even know who he's talking to? Well, I'd imagine not considering he mysteriously appeared some five minutes ago, popping out the bushes behind me. Regardless, his manner of speaking irritates me, and I intend to do something about it.

Turning back to face the boy, I watched as he sat cross legged on top of a nearby rock. His cheeks were puffed out in annoyance and he refused to look directly at me. "So? What is it that you want, boy?" Finally, he turned, growling at me. "I am not a 'boy.'" I chuckled slightly. "Trust me, in my perspective, you are." His eyebrows raised up in confusion, but he quickly looked down, his face flushed.

It amazes me how innocent children could be. The way he reacted to my gaze made me feel imorral, which was a new feeling. I almost never felt guilty for anything I'd done. I chuckled, testing the new feeling as I watched the boy before growing bored and turning away. I started to walk, attempting to dismiss the boy, when I heard the crunch of gravel behind me.

I looked back, the boy standing behind me as he looked ahead curiously. "Where are we going?" I growled. "We are not going anywhere. I am going to find some dinner." Unless, of course, you'd like to volunteer. The boy nodded, his blue eyes wide with interest. "What do you people eat? Do you eat meat too, or only plants?"

I stopped, surprised by what he said. Did he know I was a Vampire? No, he suggested that 'we people' eat meat. He thinks I'm a human. But, if he thinks I'm a human, what does that make him? I inspected him once more, my mind churning with ideas. His small place frame was surprisingly human for him claiming not to be one. His brown hair curled at the edges, well kempt and soft looking. There was no way he could be anything other than a human.

As I thought this, I stepped forward and grabbed his face. Sparks seemed to fly across my vision and zap my fingers as I made contact with him. The boy emitted a low growl, his blue eyes turning a deep shade of gold. "Mate..." A purr rumbled in his throat, his face leaning into my touch. I stepped away, listening to the whine he released as the warmth left my fingertips.

How was it possible? To feel this way... I'd never felt anything like it. The warmth and safety, and the happiness. I inspected the boy from head to toe, and I knew why I felt like this. "You... Are a werewolf."