Epilogue

Author's POV

Felan hobbled through the kitchen, flinching every few steps at the pain shooting through his hips. Kyran was still asleep, and he wanted to find something to eat without waking his mate. Felan blushed as he recalled last nights... activities. The mark on his neck still throbbed, but he relished the fact that he and Kyran were finally mated.

Felan smiled at the thought just as the sound of footsteps echoed above him. The sweet scent of his mate wafted through the air, causing him to stiffen. Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around him, enveloping him in the scent. Kyran buried his face in Felan's neck, pressing his lips to his mark. "Why weren't you in bed?" He seemed to be complaining, and Felan could see the pout in his eyes. Blushing, he turned away.

"I was hungry, and you were sleeping so soundly."

Kyran let out a growl, gripping Felan's waist tightly. "Don't leave my side without my permission."

Felan turned around, looking at Kyran. He was definitely acting strange. Before, he wasn't this possessive. A little jealousy, sure, but this... "Kyran?"

Kyran leaned against his mate. "Hmm?"

"Are you... Are you feeling okay?"

Kyran pulled away, and Felan felt a whine rise up in his throat at the loss of contact. "Why? What's wrong?"

He blushed. "No... It's just... You're acting a little... strange, today. I mean, you're much more... Possessive."

Kyran blinked before reclaiming Felan's waist, holding the small boy against him. "What's wrong with wanting to possess your mate?" His voice was husky, causing Felan to whimper in pleasure. The sound cause Kyran to growl, turning Felan around and pressing their lips together. Their breath mingled, echoing in the kitchen before Kyran pulled away, staring down at his mate, lust in his eyes.

"K-Kyran... We can't"

Kyran raised an eyebrow. "Why not?"

Felan swallowed, looking down at his stomach. Kyran followed his gaze, staring at Felan's stomach for a moment before his eyes widened. "But..."

"I was in heat." Felan's stomach fell at Kyran's reaction, only to gasp when Kyran held him tighter, placing kisses all along his face and neck. 

"I love you." Blushing, Felan attempted to hide his face in Kyran's shirt, but Kyran pulled him back, staring at his face before giving a satisfied smirk and placing his lips over Felan's.

The two pulled away, breathing heavily before Kyran pulled back and began to move around the kitchen, placing Felan at the table as he cooked. When he was done, he set down a plate of breakfast in front of Felan, kissing the top of his head and sitting down. Felan smiled shyly, eating the food slowly, completely aware of the stares from his mate. 

Kyran smiled, loving how his mate reacted to his stares. He leaned over, placing a kiss on his mark. Instead of flinching, Felan leaned into the touch, forgetting all about the food as he purred. Finally, Kyran growled, startling Felan and pulling the small male up into his arms. "Enough of this!"

"Kyran?! What are you doing?!" Felan wrapped his arms around Kyran's neck as they rushed towards the stairs. 

"Isn't it obvious? I'm taking you to bed." Kyran gave him a smoldering look, and Felan gave up, burying his face into Kyran's chest, allowing Kyran to take him right back to bed.