Chapter 16

Dedicated to Gecko0113 angeleyesgrn 

Neutral Territory

Kyran's POV

I stood with my arms around Felan, refusing to face my brother. He rolled his eyes. "You know, you'll have to let him go. You had your two days, and now we're here. The Werewolves are on their way."

Felan stiffened in my arms, and I hated the fear rolling off of him. What had he gone through at that pack that made him so so afraid? Quentin looked off into the forest, his eyes narrowed curiously. "Hmm... Felan, does your pack normally travel in human form?"

"...N-no..." His wide eyes looked up at me, uncertainty and fear in them. I leaned down, giving his forehead a kiss, causing him to blush.

"Then, either a bunch of campers got lost, or another pack is about to attack us." Quentin said it as if he was comparing two of his hair dye bottles. 

The group came closer, and Felan gulped. "Um... That's..." He looked at the group a bit longer before finishing. "That's the Alpha's brother."

When the Werewolf group arrived, the man in front grinned. "Well, well, well... Felan, what a surprise!"

Felan pulled away from me, and moved to give the man a hug, much to my surprise. "Markus, how are you?" 

Markus is a big man, obviously an Alpha, with a gentle look. His hair was long, curling over his ears, and his eyes were a deep green. "I've been well. As you can see, there's been a change in leadership since you left."

He turned to me and Quentin, his eyes going wide. "You..." For a moment, I had thought he was talking to me. That was until he pushed past me, grabbing Quentin and pushing his nose against his neck. "Mate..."

We all stood still, until I burst out laughing. "Q-Quentin... Your face!!"

Felan pushed his arm against my side, but I could see a smile playing at his lips. Quentin was not amused. He looked very uncomfortable with the grown Alpha sniffing him all over. Markus was purring as he inspected his new mate, only to whine when Quentin pushed him away. "We're here only to give Felan over and leave. No... Mates or whatever you call them."

Markus's face fell, his green eyes watering over as he nodded slowly. "Fine... If... That's what you want, mate."

"Quentin."

Markus blushed. "Quentin. Okay, give Felan to us and we'll take him home."

My heart clenched, realizing this was happening. I looked down at Felan, his eyes expressionless like they always were when he was trying not to cry. My mark was on his neck, shown off in the sunlight. Leaning down, I placed my lips against it, closing my eyes. As I pulled away, I looked up at Markus. "Instead of taking Felan and avoiding a war, how about a trade?"

Markus looked at me. Well, he moved his head towards me while his gaze remained on his mate. "What kind of trade?"

I pointed between Quentin and Felan. "My brother for Felan."

He didn't even think or hesitate before pulling Quentin close to him. "Deal."

I smiled, watching them drag a screaming Quentin away before I turned to the surprised Felan. "You... Sold your brother."

Shrugging, I pulled him close. "Not much different from when he sold me to the council so he could go on vacation."

Kissing his cheek, I smiled. "Now then, let's go home."

With a final glance at the woods, Felan nodded. As we began to walk, he laughed. "You know, he's going to kill you."

"I know, but it won't be for a while. Not if Markus has anything to say."