Chapter 2 ~ In My Arms

Even Death has a Heart

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy 

***

Stephanie's POV.

Slowly I chewed a big size bit out of the pizza with my mom & her friend Steve. Steve was like an uncle to me, but I could tell that Steve & my mom were very... close. Mom didn't touch her pizza, neither did Steve so I swallowed the huge chunk down my throat & set the pizza down.

"Mommy? Is there something wrong?" My mom smiled, grabbed Steve's hand, & said.

"Honey. I know it's been hard for the both of us since dad died, & I know that you've been very strong, & u always been there for me. Stephanie?" My mom said with a glim in her eye. "Steve & I are getting married."

My smile dropped. "Mommy, & Steve are getting married?! N-no, NO! No way in HECK are they getting married!!! Mommy still loves daddy!" I said in my head.

"Stephanie sweetie, I know this is strange to you, but think about it. I'm gonna be your new dad!" Steve said, trying to cheer me up. But it was NOT working.

"NO! You can't marry him mommy!" I said as I slam both of my hands down onto the table. My mom's face turned into utter shock, so did Steve. Tears threaten to come out, but I didn't let them. "You still love daddy! And I forbid you to marry this oaf!!!" I said pointing to Steve.

"STEPHANIE!!!" My mom yelled as she slam her hands down onto the table. But I wasn't down with this.

"He's a big, smelly ugly, piece of-" Before I could finish my words my mom slapped me across my face. It stunned, my eyes turned to mommy as she held her hands to her mouth as tears fell down her face.

"Baby... I-I didn't-" I ran out of the dinning room, to the back door, opened it as I ran toward the woods with tears spilling out of my eyes. I could heard my mom yelling for me, but I didn't stop running. I ran farther, farther, & farther. Away from my house, away from Steve, & away from my mommy.

I cried all the way to the graveyard here my daddy's tomb stone was lying there. I collapsed onto the ground, crying my eyes out. My heart was broken into two. "How could my mommy do that to me? To daddy?! I hate her, I HATE HER!!!" I said to myself. Crying in the dark woods alone with my dead dad.

***

Thomas's POV.

Slowly & quietly I walked through the woods. The moon was full & bright tonight, there were a few leaves left on the trees, the rest where on the ground while I stomped on them making a crunching sound.

Finally I reached to Stephanie's house where a small window showed me Stephanie, her mother, & someone else all sitting at the table eating pizza. Then her mom grabbed the man's hand, & said something to Stephanie that made her upset. She yelled at her, then her mother slapped her across that little pale face.

I gasped a bit, a little hurt on the inside, but I stood there watching behind the window. I saw Stephanie's mother holding both of her hands to her mouth, said something, but Stephanie ran out of the room, & ran into the dark woods.

Her mother ran outside, but stopped at the door & cried out for Stephanie. The man knelt down to her; trying to calm her down.

"I have to find Stephanie." I told myself. So I sank into the shadow & followed Stephanie's tracks. It's kinda like teleporting, but I travel by shadows... You get the idea.