Chapter 3 ~ Breath

Even Death has a Heart

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy 

***

Stephanie's POV.

6 yrs. had pass since Thomas & I became best friends. During the summer 3 yrs. ago mom & Steve got married, but sad to say they did not have a baby because my mom had cancer on her uterus so the doctor said that they have to removed it, & that she'll never have a baby again.

It was kinda depressing because I've always wanted a baby brother or sister, but kinda weird too, to have a STEP sibling, but I didn't care.

Today is my 9th birthday. Thomas was in my room, sitting on a chair in the corner of my room. He was wearing a black vest, a blood red tie, black pants, black shoes, & a black suit.

"Stephanie." Thomas said with a low rough, yet calm voice.

"Yeah Tomas?" I said as I looked up from my book I was reading.

"Since it's your birthday, I have a surprise for you."

"A SURPRISE!!!" I said as I jumped up & down from my bed. Thomas held out a hand.

"First of all stop bouncing, second close your eyes."

"Why?!" I said.

"It's called a surprise for a reason." Thomas said. So I closed my eyes, & covered them with my hands. I heard Thomas grabbing something out of his pocket. "Alright you can open your eyes now." Thomas said.

I opened them to see a small box wrapped in dark red wrapping paper, tied with a black ribbon. Without hesitation I ripped opened the gift, to see a golden heart shaped neck-less with a dark blue jewel inside of it.

"It's a locket." Thomas said. I opened the heart locket to see 2 pictures on either sides; me on the left, & Thomas on the right. His hair was slicked back with some pieces of hair in front of his face, he was wearing a black suit with a blood red tie with a tiny skull button.

My eyes meet with Thomas's. A smile grew on my face as I jumped off my bed, & leaped into his arms giving him a BIG huge. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!♥ I love it!♥" I said.

"Let me put it on you, so I can see how it looks on you." Thomas said, I nodded my head, handed it to him, & turned around facing my back to him. He lifted my short curly hair up, & wrapped the gold chain around my neck. Slowly I turned around to see Thomas.

"How do I look?" I said, bashing me eyelashes. I could tell that Thomas was speechless, but built up the courage to say something.

"You look beautiful." Thomas said with a smooth tone to his voice. A smile grew on my face, & face turned pink a bit.

"Honey, come down-stairs please! It's time to go!" My mom said.

"Okay!" I yelled back. "I have to go Thomas, but I'll be back around dinner time. See ya." I said as I made my way out of my bedroom, down the stairs, & hopped into the car.

We were driving to a bakery to buy my cake for my birthday. Steve was at work so my mom decided for me to choice my cake. We were driving down the icy road by the lake; the weather was bad today because of all the snow blowing everywhere.

But suddenly a huge truck came out of nowhere & my mom swerve out of the way, but the car started spinning out of control that it landed in the frozen lake. I bashed my head on the window that I went out cold. The last things I remember was the car had creaks, water was coming in, my mom wasn't moving at all, & there was lots of blood on her window side. Then I completely blacked out.