Chapter 6 ~ Separate Ways

Even Death has a Heart

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy 

***

Thomas's POV.

I stood by the big glass window; gazing upon the blackness that covered my world. Nothing but blackness, fog, the gateway to my world, and my mansion.

"Master, your suite is ready." Tarros said as he came into the room with my black vest that had golden swirls. I walked over to a circled bench, stood on, & held my arms out for Tarros to put it on me. He tucked in my white long-sleeve shirt, button the ends with golden pins, wrapped the vest around my slim well built body.

My thoughts were running like crazy as I thought about my memory erasing spell was wearing away, & feared that Stephanie will remember me taking both of her parent's soul.

"But now is not the time to be thinking about that." Myself said. "Now what REALLY matters is that you're going to that dinner with Stephanie & her step dad tonight... & if Stephanie remembers you that's a good thing, right?" I stared off into space until Tarros was done dressing me. I looked at myself in the mirror, & saw how great I look in suites.

"I'm off Tarros." I said as I walked out of the dressing room, down the grand stairway, outside the mansion, & into the car. Driving toward Earth.

***

Stephanie's POV.

"Do I have to wear a dress in my own home, Steve?" I yelled downstairs as I looked at myself in the closet mirror at my black short party dress.

"Yes, we're having dinner with your teacher. Have you already forgotten?"

I wined to myself. "No, Steve."

"Then stop complaining, come down here, & help me set the table before he arrives." I growled, as I stomped downstairs & began setting the table.

After I was done the door bell rang. "Can you get that for me, Stephanie?"

"It's against my rights to do it."

"We'll is it a crime?"

"No..."

"Then go & let him in." I sighed, & opened the door. There at the door was Mr. Van de Black or Thomas.

He was wearing a black vest suite like, with a royal blue tie with the same skull button, & his hair was still shiny slicked back. But what really stare at him was his ice blue eyes; if you stare at them for a long time if feels like your under his spell; a lost victim under a handsome man's spell.

"Why hello Miss Stephanie. How are you?" He said with a voice like silk.

"I'm fine." I said giving him a fake smile, I stepped back, letting him in my own home. Thomas steps in as I closed the door behind him.

He turns around & said. "My, what a beautiful dress you have on? It really suites your eyes." He said, my whole face turned pink.

"Hello Mr. Van de Black, welcome to our little piece of Heaven. It's so nice for you to come." Steve said as he walked into the room.

"Thank you for having me for dinner Mr. Landy. You must Stephanie's father, am I correct?"

"No sir, I'm her STEP father actually."

"Oh my bad."

"Oh don't be please sit down, the food is ready." Steve said as he walked toward the dinning room. "Stephanie would be so kind to take Mr. Van de Black's hat & coat."