THIRTY SEVEN

"you know, i'm so glad we came. i'm glad i'm here with you."

"shut up, kj, we're trying to watch a film here ㅡ and ten minutes ago you complained via instagram that you were third wheeling!" cole laughed, arm curled tightly around lyla.

"i was trying to be sweet, sprouse. wow i see where i'm not wanted!" sarcasm was laced thickly in kj's tone as he stood up, reaching for another marshmallow to toast, "and besides: we're camping, you're not supposed to bring tech and watch movies. you're supposed to do outdoors things."

lyla scoffed and shook her head, "i'm the last person in the world who will do outdoors things - have you met me? the film's nearly over, though, don't you worry."

kj sighed and slumped back down, holding out the marshmallows he had acquired in order to toast them. he took a bite when they were done, groaning inwardly and standing back up.

"actually i'm tired so i'm gonna go to bed, guys. have fun with your film and sleep well. please actually sleep, i can't deal with another night like last night. seriously." his eyes contained a hint of teasing as he clicked his tongue, took one final bite of his marshmallows and turned on his heel to head for his tent.

"i know i made fun of him for what he said but i'm glad we're here too. even though it is like we're on a family trip with a toddler."

"me too, babe. especially considering i've hardly even checked my phone since we got here. sort of dreading going home tomorrow honestly." lyla smiled, leaning up to quickly peck cole's cheek before biting her lip.

"you're so beautiful lyla. it's random, i know, but it's true. you look even more incredible by the fire light." cole blushed. he seemed to constantly be complimenting the girl with whom his thoughts were consumed, but he couldn't help it. she was wonderful. perfect. and his.

"you're too sweet, cole. i love you, so much. how about we get an early night? we have a long day of road tripping tomorrow - best get ahead on sleep." she cupped his face and kissed him again.

cole nodded, "sounds like a plan. i love you too - more than anything."

they stood up, putting out the fire and clambering back into their shared tent to make themselves comfortable. they spent ten minutes talking about nonsense just to pass the time before turning onto their sides (still facing each other) and beginning to drift into a light slumber.

"oh and one last thing lyls. we weren't that loud last night, were we?"

---
pointless bit of dialogue heavy irl writing :-) i love them aw