FORTY THREE

"i can't believe you brought me here! cole you're literally the greatest person in the world, the steak here is so fucking good!" lyla grinned, eyes widening as she looked around.

her favourite restaurant, back home in atlanta. she'd missed this place like hell, recalling times cole would come back to visit after months away filming and they'd go there with their parents.

cole and lyla would sit at a separate two person booth just metres from their parents, but felt a sense of independence and contentedness as just the two of them.

"this is like when big people go on dates, isn't it?" seven year old cole had pondered, a wide toothy grin on his face.

"yuck! i wouldn't date you, cole. we have to get married first!" a naive young lyla had replied, bright eyes twinkling as they fixated on cole.

"will you marry me then deli? when we're big people like our mommy and daddy's?"

"sure i will coley!"

"pinky promise?" "pinky promise!"

and now they were back here for the first time in years and sharing a moment far more special.

"i love you, and thought this was a good idea, you know, for old times sake." cole was proud of himself for his brilliant thought to bring her here, happy with how ecstatic she looked to be sat opposite him in the same booth they always occupied here.

"i love you too. this is so amazing cole! god i couldn't be happier."

"i'm just glad i'm here with you, lyla. i wouldn't have it any other way. now come on let's order, i'm fucking starving and have been craving steak all week." he laughed.

lyla leaned forward, pressing a soft but passionate kiss to her boyfriend's lips and beaming widely as she pulled away.

"one last kiss before the garlic and herb sauce makes my breath awful - obviously." she winked, biting her lip.

"obviously". cole laughed, squeezing her hand under the table.

things were incredible - they'd never been better. and both cole and lyla couldn't be more overjoyed to be in each other's company.

---
this was short and ugly but it's basically over guys wtf :( final two chapters to come - should i post both now or slowly? x