Chapter 21

Chapter 21 - Jealousy

I yelp before quickly turning to the side as a pack member runs past me. Making my way towards Vulcan's second office in the pack house, I sigh heavily. Everyone is preparing for the arrival of the council members this evening. Pack members hurry across the territory, lugging boxes and getting a stage ready for greeting them with rows of seats stretching out on the lawn. Not bothering to knock on his office door, I walk straight in. Indigo and a few pack warriors stand in the room with Vulcan sitting in the lounge seat near the bookshelf.

''Your pack,'' I start, walking over and throwing myself into his black, leather chair. ''Is not letting me do anything and I'm dying of boredom!''

''You destroyed half of the decorations when you tried to help, Aurora.'' Vulcan mutters distractedly, his eyes scanning the contents of the file he holds.

''I told you it was because my ankle got caught in the tangled lights!'' I glare at him, spinning the chair around with my leg.

''Go do some homework or something.''

''It's Friday evening, homework is done on Sundays. Worldwide.''

He chuckles before signing the paper and dismissing one of his men. I shiver when a tingle shoots down my spine at the sound of his husky voice, only to scowl at him when he sends me a knowing smirk. Suddenly, I gasp as an idea strikes me, swinging the chair to a stop and gripping the edge of the table in excitement. Vulcan looks up at me with a raised brow, staring at me expectantly.

''Can I go to the mall?''

''No.'' He snaps, immediately angry at the thought of me leaving his sight.

''Why not?'' I whine, preventing the chair from moving idly with my feet before pouting at him. ''I'll bring you back something cool!''

''I said no, Моя роза.'' (My rose.)

I sit up in the chair abruptly, which stops him from writing as he stares at me with a challenging look. I will not sit around here, bored while everyone does something productive. ''If you don't let me go then so help me God, I will get so hyper -''

''Indigo, get a car ready for my mate.'' He orders, his eyes widening at my threat. ''And put some guards with her.''

I grin at him cheekily before cheering in excitement. Hopping off the office chair, I race out the door and grab Caia on the way. We have just ran through the house and outside to the waiting car when arms wind around my waist and I'm pulled back into a hard chest. Tingles erupt on my skin making me confirm that it's Vulcan. I turn around to look up at his bottle green eyes which are filled with uncertainty.

''Take this.'' He states, placing his credit card in my hand. ''Get anything you want, okay?''

''No, that's your money. I have some on me.'' I frown, looking at the piece of plastic in my palm.

''And you are my mate. Anything of mine is yours, so I want you to spend as much as you want. And take Sophia with you. Don't go alone and -'' 

''Don't talk to boys, I'm yours. Blah, blah, blah. I got it.'' I roll my eyes playfully and lean up to kiss his cheek before getting into the car.

Rolling down the window when he knocks, I watch him lean down to eye level, shooting him a confused look. His green eyes now have a dangerous glint in them and his expression has turned very serious.