Chapter 31

Chapter 31 - Fierce

I had managed to successfully calm Vulcan down, but that doesn't mean that I eradicated all of his doubts and fears. That will take me a long time but I'm willing. He had broken down and revealed a hidden part of himself to me, baring his wounded soul that he had kept to himself for years. I plan to cherish his trust and show him just how much he means to me, every single day for the rest of our lives. 

Sighing, I look down at him. After I had told him that I love him, it was like a light switch had been flipped and he had pulled away, staring at me in horror. Immediately, I knew that he had never wanted to reveal that part of him, especially to me. The amount of pain Elizabeth has caused him, he wants to keep it to himself. 

I had reassured him, just like I promised I would, letting him know that it was alright. He had crumbled right before me and I was there to catch him, holding him close and soothing him. 

"We have to work on your trust issues, buddy." I had joked, earning a sad smile in return.

"It doesn't seem possible but, I want this pain and suffering inside me to disappear. Just don't leave me because of my messed up issues, Aurora." He had murmured, holding me tighter as if I was a dream and he didn't want to wake up. 

"I won't, I promise." I had whispered, running my fingers through his hair as he drifted off to sleep. 

I had let him be for quite some time, thinking that I should let him rest before waking him up. But eventually, I became sleepy and dozed off on the couch with him. 

My body is now stiff and aches, his heavy weight pinning me to the couch. Glancing at the clock to see we have slept well into the afternoon, I call his name and shake him slightly. He growls lowly, nuzzling his face into my stomach with an adorable frown. Caressing his cheek, I call him again and watch his eyelids flutter before hazy, green emeralds stare back at me. 

"Hey, sleepy head. It's one in the afternoon." I murmur, smiling when he looks around in confusion. "Come on, let's go freshen up."

I take his hand and we walk out of the office together, heading towards our bedroom. He's quiet during the entire time, content in holding my hand. As soon as we enter the room, he pulls me to a stop before I can step foot in the bathroom's direction. 

"I hurt you, yesterday. I was so scared and angry that I let my beasts take over." He frowns, scanning my body. "I'm sorry Aurora, I should have fought harder."

"I hurt you too." I smile sadly before pulling him closer and cupping his cheeks, rubbing the pad of my thumb across his smooth skin before gently murmuring. "I didn't know Kaden was a rogue, we became friends when he was assigned to show me around school on my first day. He's been there for me and not once has he given me a reason to doubt him. He has never hurt me and I believe he won't in the future either." 

Vulcan snarls heatedly in response, trying to pull away, his eyes darkening with frustration when I follow him with every step he takes. Wrapping my arms around his waist, I press a kiss to his jawline, pleading with my eyes for him to understand. 

"Please, just trust me on this. He's my friend, I don't like him in the way that you are thinking." I sigh, resting my forehead against his chest. 

A long silence ensues between us. I need Vulcan to trust Kaden because he's one of the few friends I have made here and almost everyone thinks of him differently; a bad influence. They're all wrong, including my mate. Kaden is a good person, you just have to get to know him better.