Bonus Chapter #2

Aurora Maxwell's P.O.V.

For the third day in a row, I wake up at seven thirty on Tuesday morning feeling exhausted. Grumbling under my breath, I make my way into the bathroom and brush my teeth before turning on the shower. Stripping out of my pajamas, I step under the shower head and sigh in content when warm water greets my body.

I scrub my hair with a new coconut shampoo I had bought before rinsing it out, inhaling the scent. Next, I lather my body in a sweet-smelling shower gel before washing it off. Stepping out and grabbing a towel, I decide to let my hair air dry since I'm not rushing to work. I have taken a few days off so I can get checked and today, I'm going to visit the clinic to get the results of my blood tests Dr Petrova had taken yesterday.

When I have changed into a t-shirt and jeans, I throw my dirty clothes and towel in the hamper before walking back into the room. Slipping on my flats, I make my way out of the room and downstairs. Vulcan woke up early for his meeting so we agreed to have breakfast together later. But the closer I get to the kitchen, the more I start to feel nauseous. It's mild so I ignore it and continue. I open the door to the kitchen and immediately notice Vulcan carrying plates to the table. Before either of us can greet each other, I smell the scent of strong coffee.

It's too much, even though I have learned to control my heightened senses. The nausea hits me all at once and I start to feel dizzy, like I will drop to the floor any second. I manage to see Vulcan's expression change into one of concern as he starts to make his way over to me. Ignoring his calls, I turn and rush out of the kitchen and into a nearby bathroom. As soon as I kneel on the floor, I immediately vomit. I sense him walk in and then feel his hand rubbing my back soothingly before he holds my hair away from my face.

As soon as I am done, he flushes the toilet as I sit back, feeling weak and sweaty. He helps me over to the sink and I wash my mouth, taking out an unused toothbrush before brushing my teeth. When I'm sure my breath doesn't smell like last night's dinner, I turn the water off and lean against him.

"This is getting worse, I think I should come with you to the clinic." He murmurs, picking me up before carrying me out to the sitting room.

I shake my head as he places me on the couch, taking a seat beside me. "You have to travel to a neighboring pack today, I'll go myself."

"But I can cancel and –"

"No, they've been waiting long enough. I'm okay Vulcan, it's just an appointment." I smile weakly, trying to reassure him that it's okay for him to go.

Our pack; the Renascence Pack and many neighboring ones have been experiencing troubles with rogues during the past few months. They are unlawfully crossing territories and creating trouble on pack lands, escaping before anyone can catch them. Just in the past month, they have become increasingly violent and many packs are calling on Vulcan to put a stop to this since he is King.

He doesn't like to but, on many occasions during these months he has had to leave me and visit others in need of his help. Because of that he has become more protective and possessive, which I don't mind at times if I'm honest. His vibrant green eyes stare back at me for a few seconds, waiting to see if I change my mind. But when I don't, he sighs and nods before standing.

"Wait here, I'll get us some breakfast." He states, pressing a kiss to my forehead before grabbing a blanket and covering me up.

I smile in appreciation, hearing him work in the kitchen as I turn on the television. As I settle on a film, he walks out with a tray and this time, the smell of coffee doesn't bug me as much. When he sees that I'm okay, he smiles and sets his mug down before passing me my French toast.