Chapter 10 - Recovering

Author Note: Nobody bugged me about the last 2 chapters being later than usual (or this one for that matter), I decided not to get up early on a Saturday morning...

When Elisa closed the door to the Alpha's office behind the former receptionist, she sighed. Opening the Pack's Law Book, she noticed the last revision was around when she became an adult, and growled. Reading through it, she realised that many were out of date.

She called her brother, knowing there would be big changes now, "Hi Bro, I'm now your equal." She answered jokingly. "You're going to need a new Second."

Alfred laughed, "I thought you might be the one to take that parasite out." He was silent for a bit, "How bad is it there?" he asked quietly.

"Not as bad as I expected, but worse than I hoped." She replied. She grinned, since the Alpha hadn't bothered locking down his computer when he was removed. She quickly logged into her Blackwater account and copied the laws down, "The laws here are not even close to being followed, and he hadn't bothered keeping the official ones updated in a long time. I'm going to start with ours, and have the pack ratify each and every one. Starting with the Elders to review them." She sent ten copies to the printer behind her, "I want to have an order of ereaders made, and once things are more settled, I want to get their network updated." She had gotten used to the high-tech that her pack had, "Have Kyla pack my stuff up, and she is welcome to join me here." Her Theta hadn't wanted to stay behind, but a fight was no place for a wolf that couldn't fight.

Alfred growled at the thought, "That sounds like he wasn't doing his duties to the pack."

Elisa laughed, "Well, him and several others that died have already been anointed the same way Alex and Zane had their predecessor treated."

Alfred sighed, "When will we stop having the issues? I just want a nice quiet, happy, healthy pack to care for." Both had taken a tour of Wild Valley, and the feelings there they enjoyed. Even if there were still getting over the loss of their Eldest Elise, even a couple years later. "Give me a shout when you can, especially if you need some help. I'll make an order of a hundred ereaders and get them up to you." He grinned, "Love you, my Alpha-Sis." He gently teased.

Elisa sighed, "Love you too." She said before hanging up. It would be a hard go, as she had never wanted to be separate from her brother.

Angela knocked and entered the office, "You asked for me, Alpha?" she said, kneeling and bearing her throat in submission."

Elisa shook her head, "Yes, but you don't need to submit like that. A simple nod is enough."

Angela stood up, "Yes Alpha." She replied.

Elisa's wolf was growling at how submissive this she-wolf was acting, even without the bonds, she could feel that

"My name is Elisa, and I am wanting to you work as my assistant, so I want you to use my name."

"Your assistant?" Angela asked, head tilted slightly, "What would I be doing?"

Elisa grinned, "One thing is helping me organise details for the pack, making sure I don't forget about things, some paperwork..." She looked at the filing cabinet, with boxes of paper in front of it, "Well, helping me get it cleaned up and digitized, then maintaining it. Being a contact with other packs, and whatever we work out."

"Sleeping with you?" Angela asked.  That one would be a deal breaker, she thought.

Elisa shook her head, "Not unless you want to. I plan on redoing the pack laws, and one thing that is in it, is that cannot be forced."