Chapter 15 - Meeting my little one

Aria's POV

I grabbed my phone and looked at the name on the screen—Chase. I put the phone on my bed and ignored it. After a few calls, he sent me a message.

' Are you alright, beautiful? Chloe said that you threw up again. I am worried. Call me. '

I read the message and put my phone back down on the bed. I took the pregnancy test and went to the bathroom. I threw it into the dustbin.

I went back to my room and laid down. I put my phone on silent.

I placed my hand on my stomach and rubbed it. I didn't know what to do, so I fell asleep.

When I woke up, the room was dark. I slept a lot. I looked at my phone. There were eleven missing calls and five messages from Chase. Chloe had called me five times and texted me twice.

I texted them both: I am fine; I was sleeping.

I got up and went downstairs. My parents were in the living room. I told my parents that I was tired and went to my room. I laid down and leaned against one of my pillows. My phone buzzed suddenly. It was a message from Chase.

'I'm in front of your house. I am waiting for you. '

'Chase, I can't come. My parents are home. '

' I know; Because of that, I have waited for them to fall asleep. '

'Ok. '

I got up and took my phone with me downstairs. My parents were already sleeping. I went out quietly.

I walked out the garden and saw his car ahead. When he saw me, he got out of his car.

 When he saw me, he got out of his car

I walked towards him; he hugged me. Then, he pulled back and held my face in his hands.

"When Chloe told me that you felt sick again, I got worried."

I pulled back. Chase looked at me, surprised. I folded my arms on my chest. "Don't worry. I'm fine...the doctor said I caught the flu," I lied.

If I didn't say that, I knew he would insist on taking me to the doctor. That would give me time to think. "U-uh...you better go," I said.

Chase approached me and placed his hand on my cheek. "Did I do anything wrong?" he asked me.

"No. I'm tired, that's all," I said.

"Okay, beautiful. Take care. Goodbye." He kissed my lips and left. I went back inside my house and slept.

I woke up the following morning and made a doctor's appointment. After the university, I went to the obstetrician.

I went to the hospital and waited for the doctor. I was excited. The nurse called me. The doctor told me to lie down.

"Look, it's your baby," she said, pointing to the screen. He or she was tiny.