Chapter 22 - Waking up in his arms

Chase's POV

When I walked out of the room, everyone was in the waiting room.

"Is Aria sleeping?" my mother asked.

"Yes." Chloe extended a cup of coffee to me. "Thank you." I took a sip.

Uncle James and my father were talking. When my father saw me, he called me over. I walked towards them.

"Is she alright?" my father asked.

"Yes," I responded. I tensed up beside Uncle James.

"Be thankful that you saved my daughter and grandchild. I would have hanged you from the ceiling if you hadn't," Uncle James told me, seriously.

"Stop giving my son a hard time." My father laughed and placed his hand on the back of my neck. I smiled at my father.

"Like father, like son," Uncle James said with a laugh. "That is why I wanted you to stay away from my daughter." My father laughed with him. I know that if I hadn't saved Aria, he would have killed me.

The doctor came to us. He said we could leave tomorrow. We sent my parents home. Uncle James, Aunt Ella, and I stayed.

I went to Aria's room. She was sleeping. I sat down beside her and stroked her hair. I laid next to her and placed my hand on her stomach. I softly rubbed it, feeling it bigger. I closed my eyes, breathing her scent.

Aria's POV

When I woke up in the morning, Chase was sleeping next to me. His hand was on my stomach. I placed my hand on top of his. I stroked his cheek with my other hand. A few locks of his hair had fallen over his forehead. He was sleeping peacefully. I kissed his lips.

My mother walked into the room. She brought breakfast for Chase and me. "I brought breakfast. Both of you must be hungry. Besides, Chase hasn't eaten or slept for the last few days," my mother whispered.

I looked at my lovely hero as I stroked his cheek.

"Come on, eat something."

Chase had his arms around me. If I moved, he would wake up. I didn't want to wake up him. I could tell that he was tired.

"I don't want to wake Chase up. When he wakes up, we will eat," I whispered.

"Okay, sweetie. How are you feeling? Is my grandchild okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine." Chase opened his eyes and rubbed them. "Good morning." He smiled sleepily.

"Good morning."

"I'm leaving. Please eat your breakfast," my mother said.

"Alright." My mother left.

Chase placed his hand on my stomach and rubbed it. He looked at me and asked, "How are my precious ones today?"

I placed my hand on top of his hand and said, "We're fine. It feels good to wake up next to you."

He leaned over and kissed my lips passionately. He pulled back and leaned his forehead against my forehead.

"I love you."

"What?" Chase had never told me he loved me. He straightened up and held my cheeks in his hands.

"I love you! I love you! I love you!"

"I love you, too." I hugged him. He kissed my neck.

"I was scared. I was afraid of something happening to you. After your mother told me that you are pregnant, my fear increased even more. I love you and our baby. You guys are my everything. I wouldn't have been able to live without you guys." He pulled back and kissed me.

Later we had breakfast. I was going home today. My mother and I waited for my father and Chase.

I placed my hand on my stomach. Suddenly, I felt nauseous.

"Aria, are you alright?"

"I feel nausea."

Chase and my father came into the room and saw me.

"Aria, what happened? Are you okay?" Chase asked worriedly, placing his hand on my belly.

"I feel..." I ran to the bathroom without finishing my sentence. Chase came after me. My parents waited at the door. Chase rubbed my back while holding my hair.

I washed my face after and placed my hand on my stomach.

"Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah."

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me towards him. He placed his hand on top of my hand that was on my stomach.

A few minutes later, we left. We got in my father's car. Chase and I were sitting in the back seat. Chase had his hand wrapped around me while I rested my head on his shoulder. Being with him made me feel relaxed and peaceful.

When we got home, Chase's family was at my house. They were waiting for us in the living room.

Chase insisted that I rest in bed, but I didn't want to. I told him I was fine and that I didn't need to.

Later, Uncle Xander and Aunt Sophia left. My father went with them. He was going to the company.

"Come on, rest a little," Chase insisted again.

"Sweetie, Chase is right. You need to rest." My mother supported Chase.

"But..."

"No buts. You are going to lie down now." He stood up and scooped me up in my arms quickly and carried me to my room. I heard my mother and Chloe's laughs behind us.

"Chase put me down. Are you crazy?

"Yes, I'm crazy. You drive me crazy. My son, your mother does not listen to me," he said, looking at my belly. I smiled.

"Are you in unity with him? And how do you know we're having a boy?"

"Yes, we are. I don't know. It's a feeling." He winked at me. After he entered my room, he placed me on the bed carefully. "Do you want me to change your clothes for you?" he asked me with a playful smirk.

"No," I said with a smirk.

"After all this, if we get caught in a situation like that, my father won't listen to anything you say and will kill you."

"Yes, I escaped his grip in time. He said that I should be thankful that I saved you and our baby. If I hadn't, he would have hanged me from the ceiling by my legs."

He sat on the bed next to me. I knew he was nervous about my father's reaction, but not afraid. Chase Knight feared no one.

"Hmm...I thought he would have hanged you by another part of your body." I pointed to his bulge.

"Yes, I thought so too or that he was going to feed it to the dogs." I couldn't hold myself; I laughed.

Chase looked at me seriously and said, "Don't laugh. I'm serious."

"Sorry. At least your little friend is safe now." I said, smiling .

He raised his eyebrow and said, "Little? I think you forgot how it is big. I need to remind you."

He placed his hands each side of my body on the bed and leaned over me. He was staring at me lustfully, biting his lower lip.

"Okay. Okay. It is big .... even very big. " I said. My cheeks blushed. Really it was big.

He smirked. He moved his head closer to me and kissed my lips passionately.