Linguistics

(Your point of view)

I got up from my seat once more and walked towards L's room. "Kei, where are you going?" Aizowa called. I ignored him and entered the insomniac's unused room. I lowered myself to the floor and sat on my legs. I lowered my head between my knees. My eyes went from a vision of colour to a vision of dark as I closed my eyes. "If I was Kira... what would I do... if I was Light Yagami, son of a police officer, and happened to be Kira... I would..." I murmured.

*thoughts*

I'm Light Yagami, son of a police officer. I live with my mother and sister, with my father coming home occasionally. I was the smartest kid in high school and got 100% on my college entrance exams. One day, I started to kill. My method of killing unknown to the outside world, but often results in heart attacks. I've likely seen a shinigami, so I'm able to safely say they love apples. I am not possessed in anyway. I think through my actions carefully and plan for possible futures. If something completely unexpected happens, I need to think quickly. I have a one-sided relationship with Misa Amane, the 2nd Kira.

To keep myself under the radar, I weaseled my way into L's life and I often hack my father's computer for confidential information. I have many tests and tricks that tell me if there's been a change in my house. These changes consist of cameras and wire taps, which I plan for upon the discovery for them. There is no evidence L, the greatest detective known to man, to think I am L. He bets on a 5% chance on me being Kira, but I think he's lying. He's adamant about the idea of me being Kira and refuses to let it die. One slip up and I'm done for. To prove I'm not Kira... I will... I will ask to be taken into custody if Misa Amane is taken into custody. One final act to prove I'm not Kira. Making my memories disappear during this time would be ideal.

*thoughts ending*

"Is she alright?" I heard Matsuda ask particularly loudly. He sounded like he was on the verge of shrieking in shock. "I believe she will be quite alright and join us when she is finished," the monotone voice of L echoed throughout the room. "She doesn't look fine," Light stated. "We should do something," Aizowa chimed in. "If there's something wrong, I don't believe she would have stable breathing. She also did this willingly. Kei will be fine. Let's get back to work," L explained. Exasperated sighs reverberated throughout the room, the loudest came from Matsuda. He's so childish.

*thoughts*

Misa can kill without a name. She can kill people I can't, which makes her a useful asset to me. After I lose my memories, my ability to kill via heart attacks will be passed down to someone else. A greedy person, so it will be obvious it's a 3rd Kira. I will help catch him, along with L and the others. When I regain my memories, I will instruct Misa Amane to kill L. If she can't do it, I will force her shinigami to do it. When L is eliminated, everything will be smooth rolling. Perfect until people stop trying to catch Kira and accept him completely.

*thoughts end*

I stood up and stretch. The bedroom door was ajar. I peared out into the living area: everyone, except L, had left. After readjusting my face mask, I took my seat in the living room. L looked up from some papers briefly and then returned to reading them. He took a sip of tea. "Bitter," he whispered and proceeded to place a large amount of sugar cubes into his drink. "I can't quite deduce what you were doing in my room. Entertain me with what you were doing," L demanded. I rolled my eyes and answered, "How do you get inside someone's head?" The ill-looking man opened his mouth, but I put my index finger over my mouth to signal him to stay quiet. "Empty your mind. Essentially become that person," I told him.

A large smirk formed on my face. "And because of that... I figured out Kira's next moves if we are to believe Light is Kira." L's eyes widened momentarily. "Which are?" He questioned. I shook my head. "For you to find out. He's your rival and you're certainly smart enough to figure it out. Use that head of yours," I sneered. The detective rolled his eyes and took a sip of his tea. How much sugar does he need? If I asked, he'd probably say he burns calories with brain power or something. If worse comes to worse and your life is put on the line, I might do something. I have no obligation to do so, but Light would likely replace you. And he would withhold information. If you are going to be killed, I'll do my best to prevent that.