Lunatic

(Your point of view)

"Define weird sense of justice. Not knowing things is a pet peeve of mine," L stated. I let out a sigh. Why does he even care? His only "friend" is literally Kira. Why is he concerned at all? "I guess I feel like I owe you one for blackmailing you. I don't know. It doesn't feel right. I got what I came for. I could of left at any time, but I didn't. I would describe as friendship, but there's complications with that. Your only supposed friend is literally Kira," I explained. Although the only part of me visible was my eyes, anger was clearly written on my face.

"I guess we could be friends," L murmured. I jerked up from the sofa, then let my body swing back over it again. "You are really confusing. By your previous statement, it sounded like you wanted my friendship. By your reaction, it seems like the world is crashing down on you." L told me. I looked at him. Typing away on his computer, not really caring for his life. I shook my head. "I'm not a book. You can't read me like one. What I want... I'll tell you when I save you," I muttered. I'll be the only one that knows. Watari is going to die. I can't save him. So I'll be the only one that knows.

*time skip to point of L's death. Sponsored by Light's potato chips*

Everything went according to plan. Rem kept her word and ensured that L would not die. I told the task force I'd take care of funeral preparations, meaning they wouldn't know where the body would end up. I dragged him to the elevator and pressed the button to go to the lowest possible basement floor. I had set thing up for him to survive undetected. The insomniac stood up, when the doors closed, and brushed the dirt off him. He stretched for a moment. That was when I really noticed his height. He's in a constant slouch, so I never really noticed he was about Light's height.

The elevator doors opened and we walked into the room. L sat down on a sofa and asserted it as his spot. "Now then... what exactly is this favour you require?" L questioned. Cutting right to the chase, huh? I can understand that. No beating around the bush. "I want to know your real name," I sneered. I took a seat next to him. "I'm afraid I can't tell you that," he whispered. "Of course of can. You're considered dead to the rest of the world. You owe me one for saving your life, so tell me what your name is." I hissed. L didn't say anything. Instead of acknowledging me and my question, he got out his laptop and logged on.

"There really would be no point in you saving me just to tell Kira my name to kill me. After all, the shinigami was going to do it, if you didn't stop it." L said under his breath. So he's considering the pros and cons of this situation... seriously just tell me. There is pretty much no con to this. At all. "When I learn who you really are." My identity for yours, huh? That's how we're going to play it. I guess there's no getting around it and he can't tell anyone or document it. He's supposedly dead. There shouldn't be any harm in doing so. I removed my face mask. "I'm (y/n) (l/n). A hotel thief," I reintroduced myself. My name's out there now... and my face.

L turned towards me. He looked me up and down before returning to his laptop. "Lawliet," he told me. "L Lawliet." I covered my mouth to keep in my laughter. He is literally called L. I can not believe this. My attempt to stifle my laughter failed - I bursted out laughing. "I don't quite get what's funny," L stated. "We knew your first name the entire time! It was right out in the open and we were all too dumb to see it!" I exclaimed. The man rolled his eyes. I coughed and recomposed myself. "It's just unexpected and brilliant."

I twisted my body round so I sat down on the couch normally. "Medical reasons?" L said. "Total trash. Lies. I just felt like sitting upside down. We both know sitting like that doesn't increase your deductive skills. It's just comfortable," I joked. I gave him a large smile while scanning his face for any emotion. There was a very, very faint smile on his face. Hardly noticeable. I leaned my head on his shoulder and shifted myself into a lying position. A disapproving look was shot my way from L. "There is a bed," he murmured. "I wanna sleep here though," I responded. "It's nice and comfy."