Love

(Your point of view)

*hour time skip*

For once, L had fallen asleep. I guess he must of reached him limit. He was laying on the sofa - his arm over the back of the couch and his leg dangling off the sofa. I picked up a nearby blanket and pulled it over him. He's pretty cute when he's asleep... shame he's an insomniac. I sat in his usual chair and opened his laptop. This won't be too hard. I entered "WatariWammy" into the laptop. Score! I opened up his files and had a nose around. The one labelled "task force members" had me quite interested.

There was a file for every single on of us. For the rest, it was just their police files. For me, L just wrote it himself. Makes sense since I don't have a legal file on me. Do I really want to open it? I mean, by opening it I'd be snooping in on L's privacy. After all, this file he wrote himself. It'd be full of information he wrote himself, opinions he came to based on my actions. Thoughts he may of not told people. Do I really want to do this? I mean, I cared enough to save his life so why would I barge in on his privacy? Screw it. I'm a thief. This is how I met him. I'm opening the file.

Name: (y/n) (l/n)
Alias: Kei Smith
Nationality: Japanese-English
Known family: Mother and Father
Family status: unknown
Occupation: Hotel thief
Notes: Saved me from death by the shinigami. I have to be thankful for that. She sounded hurt that I never told her I considered her a friend. When I said we could be friend, her reaction made me think friendship was not her intention. She is quite the confusing person and I can't understand her. Not understanding things is a great pet peeve of mine. Her personality equates to the exact opposite of Misa. Although cold, she can be quite kind and caring. She's not impulsive, but that doesnt necessarily mean she doesn't think things through. I have a feeling towards her I can't quite describe. A similar feeling I had towards Watari.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this... "Wa-watari," I heard L mumble in his sleep. He tossed around a little. Funny how much you can figure out about L by him sleeping. I guess he misses Watari... I'm sorry I couldn't save him for you. I logged off his laptop and closed it.  I glanced at L. His eyes twitched and slowly opened. "You must of reached your limit, huh? Have a good sleep?" I asked. He nodded while stretching. I got out of his chair and sat down next to him. The insomniac shifted to his usual sitting position. "I hadn't slept for 11 days prior to that. It's refreshing," L told me. I nodded in agreement. "Sleep is great! You should really get pills prescribed or something to help you sleep," I suggested. "Not only that, you look adorable when sleeping" I whispered under my breath. "What was that?" L inquired. "Nothing," I practically sang.

"Actually, there is something I'd like to tell you." I guess I kinda like him... L looked over at me with interest in his eyes. Caught his attention for once. "And what would that be?" He questioned. I adverted my gaze for a moment. "I wanna check something first... you like me right?" We're friends, aren't we? L turned bright red and looked away. He started biting his thumb nail. Did you take that the wrong way? You took that the wrong way, didn't you? "I'm not quite sure where you got that impression from, (y/n)." He muttered. Yep, he definitely took it the wrong way. "I ment as friends," I told him. L stopped biting his nail and his eyes widened. "Sorry. Of course that's what you ment. Yes we ar-" "Might not want to stop biting that thumb nail," I interuppted.

"The important thing I need to tell you is..." my voice trailed off. Should I really tell him? It'd do no harm because I technically could just up and leave. "I love you," I told him. L went redder than a tomato and started biting his nail again. "(Y/n)... I must admit... there's a 100% chance of me returning those feelings..." L responded. I smirked. "As I read," I said. "Why am I not surprised?" He muttered. I leaned in and kissed his forehead. L jerked back slightly before relaxing again. "Come on don't by shy," I sneered. "My Lawliet," I whispered. I kissed him on the lips. "Keep yourself safe," I told him. He touched his lips briefly before saying, "I'm far more concerned about your well-being if this means what I think it does," he replied. I gave him a smile. "Of course it means what you think, Lawliet."