Chapter 7: Enemy Down

I believe the state of me is coming to an end. Most teachers have left, I couldn't run to Freedman's. I just felt like I couldn't, I'm a big girl! I can handle myself! I had tried the library. Locked. Classrooms. Locked. Gym. Locked. Staff break rooms. Locked! I couldn't hide in the girls bathroom, it's so obvious! Ugh this is pointless! Running around like a hamster! They wouldn't dare go to the boys bathroom would they? I might as well take the chance.
This school is kind of small, I was in the second hallway, where Freedman's classroom was. The nearest restroom was about twenty feet away, around a corner, then another five feet. Okay, you got this Perez!
I quickly darted down the hall, but to my dismay, about ten feet down the hall, I felt a little lady like hand grab my arm, I turned to see the little Asian girl that I thinks name is Jasmine. "You're ours now, just take your punishment." I tried not to laugh at her little voice as I pulled my arm away from her and backed away from her body standing in the door way of the art room till I backed into a bigger girl, Chrissy. I gasped and felt her arm come around me to hold my arms down and to keep me from struggling. I heard the switch of the pocket knife opening. "Don't worry, it won't be nothing else but a small cut." She grinned sinisterly. I felt the tip of the knife poke my side and before I knew it, she actually cut me! I let out a scream and elbowed the shit out of her! When I felt her grip loosen from my elbow, she dropped the knife and completely let go and I made a run for it. I heard Jasmine's little footsteps behind me and I ran the rest of the way and into the boys bathroom. I hid behind the wall and heard the girls stop. "Check the girls room." I heard Brooke demand. I was breathless and looked down as I felt the blood drip down my side. My shirt collecting some of it, making a deep crimson color. I cursed under my breath and lifted my shirt to see the cut. "'Small cut' my ass Chrissy." I curse again.
"Ahem." I looked up so quick I'm surprised I didn't snap my neck. "H-hi." I whispered and dropped my shirt. "What happened there." Mr. Freedman stepped towards me. "She isn't in there!" I heard one of the girls voices. I think he figured it out. He looked up to the sound of voices and stepped into the bathroom doorway while I stayed hidden. "Afternoon ladies." He spoke up. I heard a couple of gasps. "A-Afternoon Mr. Freedman." I could practically hear her 'innocent' smile. "You wouldn't have happened to see anyone around?" She asked. He shook his head. "Is that a knife?" He turned his attention to Chrissy. "O-oh yeah, it's for art." She tried lying. "I don't think so." He shook his head and stepped out of the restroom, holding his hand out to her for the weapon. "Expect to be called to the office tomorrow." She dropped the blade in his hand as he shut it quickly with ease. "Yes, sir." She mumbled. He nodded with a smile for them to leave. They did just that.
I sighed with relief and slid my back down the stone cold wall, clutching my side. I heard his footsteps come back. I kept my gaze at my feet as he shut and slipped the knife into his pocket. "Should I take you to a hospital?" His voice seemed to be full of concern and worry. I shake my head knowing it wasn't that bad. "Then I'll just patch you up." He said, holding out a hand. I looked up slightly and took it. He pulled me up gently and lead me to his classroom.
He sat me down on the soft chair the he uses and pulled out a first aid kit from the drawer of his desk. "You look like you were rushing today." He says after looking over my appearance. My purple sweatshirt now has a dark red-brownish spot. "Yeah well, that's what happens when your teacher forces you to stay up all night." I glare down at him as he prepares what he needs. "To study." He says with a correcting smile. I can't help but roll my eyes. I hear him sigh as he shakes his head. "Won't you ever learn?" He asks as he starts cleaning my cut. I flinch at the sting of it. "No probably not." I laugh lightly. I see him smile and it makes me so happy.
"So how long has that been going on for?" He asks and I know he's talking about Brooke. "Since seventh grade." I inform him. "Five years? Hell Laura why did you never-" I instantly cut him off. "I've tried. I really have." I tell him softly. He gives me an apologetic look before putting butterfly bandaids on my cut. "Thank you." He nodded with a smile and stood up. "Time to go home."