chapter 2

The Mark of Athena (chapter 2) All rights to Rick Riordan the word wizard

Jason   II

After sleeping surprisingly sound, he woke up to someone knocking at the door to cabin. The knocker was also saying something though it was muffled between the door and the constant rumbling of the cabin. Jason got up and did a quick stretch before making his way to the door and threw on a shirt. By this time the knocking became more insistent, he opened the door. Suddenly he felt very self-aware at the face that was looking back at him.

“What took you so long?” Piper admonished.

“He-hey, what’s up?” he stammered out half from being cold from his cabin, which tended to be on the cool side, and other half trying to figure out if his bedhead was too messy.

“Well-l,” she said, a smirk forming across her face,  ”Annabeth talked to Leo earlier this morning and he said that the ship should be able to sail a little after breakfast. So hurry up and eat then we can pack so we can get on the road.”

“Yeah sure just give me a couple minutes to shower and dressed. And by the way, the ship flies not drives.” He teased her.

“Oh, really? I didn’t know that!” she said in her most disgustingly sweet sarcastic voice, she smiled and said, “See you at the mess hall.”

Oh gods he was in trouble, he thought as he showered as he got dressed. He was certain with the amount of memories he got back that there wasn’t anything between him and Reyna, but she had a certain type of chemistry with him that they developed through working together. He wouldn’t consider her a girlfriend quite yet, but they had gone through a lot. Now that piper had come on to the scene he was seriously in trouble in deciding who he should pick to pursue a relationship with.

Reyna, he had known her since she first came to camp. She was slightly closed up when she got to camp but she soon started to open up when she realized she had friends at the camp that were truly supportive of her. He had gotten closer to her as they ended up working together many times over the years. She had reached praetor status before him but that didn’t truly change much other than she was his ranking officer. When he got his praetor seat she seemed to warm up to him even more than before which she was obviously starting to get closer to him. He wondered if Juno had influence to him being so slow as to not recognize what was going on her. But since being around Piper it all seemed to reveal itself. And if Jason got together with her he would be able to see her easily because they both stayed year round, and they already worked well together.

Now Piper on the other hand she was so much easier to talk to. She listened, laughed and held a conversation much easier than Reyna. Jason didn’t know her very long but he had gotten close to her as well. Come on, having someone tell you they are your girlfriend when you know nothing of yourself gives them a slight edge. Plus he didn’t know practically everything about her and she was always seemingly eager to learn something about him, which was kind of fun. She worked well and trusted him completely, which isn’t to say that Reyna didn’t, it just means that she was more inclined to deny him whenever he came up with an idea. Also Piper was from Camp Half-blood, and he wasn’t sure how things were going to be after they finish this quest. For good or for worse he was going to have to choose one of them and it killed him to think of choosing but he knew was going to have to.

By the time he had thought all of this he had just reached the mess hall. He looked around for Annabeth, Leo, or Piper, no such luck, he wanted to chat with Annabeth and Leo about the ship but they were not present. Jason was trying to avoid piper, because he felt that he would sound extra stupid or accidentally say something to hurt her, he didn’t want to do that. As he got his food he walked over to the brazier off to the side and slipped some of his food inside for the gods, he said a silent prayer for Aphrodite to please give him an honest direction to follow cause he was trapped in indecision as what to do.