chapter 6

Hope you guys are liking it. I hope i can keep the steam that i've got to continue writing this to the end. This is my first real attempt at writing a story.(Rick Riordan gave me some great material to work with!)

The Mark of Athena (Chapter 6) All rights to Rick Riordan a guy who can write much better than most

Annabeth   VI

                Annabeth was stunned silent; Clarisse had seen the phantom kid that she had. But why didn’t everyone else? What made them so special? She took a breath and asked, “Do you know anything about this kid other than that only we seem to be able to see him?”

Clarisse rubbed her eyes as if she was tired and sighed. “No, I know nothing other that I saw him below deck looking for something and I called him out on it. He ran away and ran into someone but that person didn’t see what hit him. I don’t know what is going on with him but I think we should be careful. I don’t like the situation.”

 Annabeth agreed by nodding. She was truly frustrated that everyone but Clarisse thought she was crazy. Clarisse wasn’t necessarily a bad choice it’s just she seemed to try and bulldoze through a problem before coming up with a plan. Besides both of them were used to being in charge, unless Percy was there, which Annabeth was sure was going to cause some extra friction between them.

Clarisse said something else that shocked her more than any charge Jason ever gave her. “Since this doesn’t seem to be a problem that I have any expertise in or have any kind of knowledge I was hoping that you could come up with something.” The face she was making was priceless; it looked like she was trying to swallow a sweaty never washed sock. She got up before Annabeth could reply and walked to the door.

At the door she turned in and said, “Come find me tonight if you have anything figured out. Even though I doubt I will find anything, I’ll find you if I do. See you up top. Don’t be too long.” She left Annabeth to herself and her thoughts.

She sat there for a couple of minutes mulling over any stories she heard of that described her situation. As she thought nothing came to mind, she wanted to continue to unravel this aggravating problem sooner than later nut she wasn’t coming up with anything so she conceded to herself to stop and join everyone up top.

She got up and walked out of the room and stopped at the base of the stairs, and took a breath. This was it she was going to be seeing Percy soon. Once her nerves calmed down she walked and heard Leo’s voice call out, “Okay, We should be with in eyesight of the camp. Jason don’t fly down there, please it’ll just make everyone else jealous.”

Jason retorted, “Are you sure that it’s not just you?”

Leo didn’t reply back. So Annabeth looked over at Jason who was standing over to the port side of the ship with Piper. They looked more comfortable together, though she could tell Piper was just content to be talking with Jason normally again. She wondered what went on, because the conversations now were as close to how the two talked to each other when they first arrived at Camp Half-Blood. Since the mood was so good Annabeth thought it a good idea to leave them alone and talk some more.

Scanned the other half of the ship and saw Leo standing all by is lonesome. She meandered her way over to him. Leo was messing around with some gears, springs and other odds-and-ends from his pockets. When she came close to the fire wielding captain of hers she spoke to him,”Distracted much?”

He jumped and dropped the parts in his hands. When he retrieved the dropped parts he replied, “No, just thinking of stuff.” He wasn’t his usual cheery self so I ventured a guess. “Gaea? Dreams?”