chapter 4

This part was kinda hard cause of the view piont change. Hope it is okay. Please help me with Annabeth cause i think i got it okay but not to sure.

The Mark of Athena (chapter 4) All rights to Rick Riordan: Word Organizer Extraordinaire

Annabeth   IV

                Although Annabeth was the most composed on the outside, she was anything but on the inside, as her conversation with Jason might have revealed. She tried to keep away from others because she felt like they would be able to tell how she was doing, totally irrational but she couldn’t help it, she needed to look strong for everyone. The pressures of being a leader of this expedition were tremendous, she had to keep everything on schedule once they left, help hold the final meetings before arriving for the camps meeting, though she already knew what she wanted to do with that. She had to keep everyone focused, which in and of itself was a job.

                Though surprisingly all of the campers going on the quest were really focused, Annabeth wondered how long that would last. Probably not long after they take off they will start causing problems, thank the gods no on from the Hermes cabin was going along or else the peace right then was even going to happen.

                Annabeth looked around the deck and spotted Leo up in the navigation room, she thought she’d go see how he was coming along with things. As she climbed the stairs she ran into several people carrying coffee machines, the monstrosity looked like it could make like a thousand cups and not even be at max capacity, she didn’t want their crew running solidly on caffeine, she made a mental note to assign navigator shifts to ease the load. She finally saw Leo in the nav room, he looked tired, which was to be expected, he had been working on the Argo relentlessly.

                One time Annabeth was going to the ship to see how it was fairing. When she got there she couldn’t find him for nothing. So she was leaving when she heard a sound, she stopped and listened closely, the sound was somewhat rhythmic but she wasn’t able to figure what the noise was, so she followed the sound. As Annabeth was following the sound, she finally realized the sound was snoring, she felt slightly embarrassed for freaking out a bit. Come on, when your own life gets dangerous and the oddest things tend to happen to you daily you usually to get wary of everything. As she approached what sounded like the epicenter of the snoring, she saw Leo passed out underneath a console of some sort, it wasn’t labeled so she was able to figure it out, sleeping quite loudly.

“How are things, ready to set sail?” Annabeth queried. Leo didn’t really respond at first like he was taking account of things. “Hmmm,” he replied,”with the coffee machine all we need is the final coordinates for our mission. But Jason hasn’t said anything to me about it so I doubt that he even remembers it yet. Must suck not to remember your address, you wouldn’t be able to get the mail.”

“Yeah, Jason seems like he’s having trouble there hopefully Piper can help him with that,” Annabeth suggested.

“Dunno, Hey is ‘demigodishness’ a word?”

“No. Why?” Annabeth was slightly concerned as to why he was asking.

“Oh. Oh, no real reason, it’s just that I happen to say it in my video message to Camp Jupiter about them not attaching us and my ship.” He nervously responded.

Annabeth’s concerns were realized, “Leo, how do think people would take us if we don’t act somewhat serious? Do you even know who’s going to be getting your message?”

“Take a chill pill, Annabeth. I asked piper to get Millie to send it to Percy. So if he is anything like what you and everyone else described him as I think we’ll be fine.” He said, with a smug look on his face, like,”Yeah, I’m awesome.”