11-Being Bitten

11

I take it back. I don’t want to be a werewolf.

Laughing, Romeo swings his arm over Juliette’s shoulder, which she shrugs off instantly. “Yes you do, you’re just afraid.”

Astrid slurps her milkshake, then nods. “Yeah, I would just get it over with. I mean, of course, you could always wait-”

“-But that would mean more stress from waiting-”

“-Yeah, so I suggest getting it over now,” Astrid finishes, shooting a glare towards Romeo for the interruption.

Jules sighs and leans back into the booth of the Howling Werewolf. It’s Sunday; the day Julie is suppose to be turned. Only now she’s having second thoughts.

I can’t believe I’m going through with this. This is a bad idea, I’m not suppose to be a wolf! What am I suppose to do with my dad and my brother-

“Jules, chill. Your thoughts are hurting my brain.”

Immediately, her thoughts come to a halt, and she smiles sheepishly, “Sorry. I’m just…worried. My dad and my brother, I haven’t told them yet.”

“We’ll be there right by you’re side. And if they think you’re insane, I’ll kick they’re asses,” Astrid teases, sliding her empty milkshake glass away from her.

Juliette tries to force a smile, but it comes out more out of a grimace. Romeo slams his fists down on the table, startling everyone. “That’s it, you need to get you’re mind off things. Where should we take you…?”

Astrid’s eyes brighten up, “How about that place where we went for Sammy’s 10th birthday party?”

His eyes bubble in confusion. “Where did we-oh! We should go there!”

Juliette glances from Romeo to Astrid, who both have knowing grins on. “Should I be worried?”

“Not at all!” Astrid slides out of the booth, then Julie, then Romeo. Astrid links arms with Jules, forcefully making her skip out to the parking lot with Romeo dragging behind. “We’re going to have fun!”

“You’re fun usually includes dangerous activities, for example, bungee jumping.”

They all slide into Romeo’s truck, Julie in the middle with Romeo in the drivers seat. Astrid glares, “That was one time. I wanted to see what it would feel like.”

“You guys went bungee jumping?” Romeo asks, pulling out into the dirt road.

“No, Julie didn’t come. Just Noah and I. Julie was chicken.”

“Was not! I just didn’t feel like dying!”