12-Being Bitten

12

What the fuck.

Eddie sighs, running a hand through his hair. “Yep.”

Julie starts stuttering over her words. “W-what? That’s n-not possible. Y-you…I…M-max…”

“Max is a wolf too.” Eddie sighs deeply, signaling it’s story time. “Your mom is not my mate. My mate died before I even met her. Your mother is human, and I fell in love with her. Now, to be married and have kids, the human has to become wolf. So she did. Max came along, and as a young boy he was turned too. Then you came along, Juliette. Your mother and I had a huge fight over if we were going to turn you. She wanted you to grow up human. She won. You grew up human, but I knew better. You were going to have to be turned into a werewolf anyways. You still have wolf blood in you, alpha blood. Because of this, you automatically have a mate.”

Eddie nods over to Romeo. “That would be were he comes into place. When you met Romeo, the bonding started. Now, either way, you would still have to become a wolf.”

Astrid’s eyebrows are furrowed. “Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Back up. This doesn’t make any sense. Surely we would have had traces of smell or hearing of you in the woods.”

Eddie shakes his head. “Nope, you wouldn’t. Max and I are Tranquil Terriers.”

Romeo bolts upright. “Was it you two that tried to attack me when I was walking Jules home? And at my pack meeting?”

“No,” A frown fits Juliette’s dad, “Why? They’ve been attacking you?”

“Yeah. I haven’t done a single thing to break the laws.”

“Huh, I’ll check in on that for you.”

Max, who has his jaw clenched and hands in fists, glares at his lap. Juliette murmurs over to him, “What’s wrong?”

He ignores her.

Eddie chuckles, slapping his son on the back. “He’s just angry that we sort of failed you. We were suppose to keep you away from wolves at all costs, but that all went down the drain when you met Romeo. He’ll get over it.”

“Wait a minute, I don’t want to become a Terrier!” Juliette yells out in a panicked voice.

“Don’t worry, you can choose when you get the Center. You don’t need to be a Terrier,” Romeo chuckles.

She gulps, “Can we go now? I want to get this over with.”

Romeo nods, and abruptly, Max jumps out of his seat. He stomps out of view and into his room, slamming the door behind him. “Like I said, he’ll get over it,” Eddie waves his hand dismissively.

So the three leave Eddie and Max, climbing into the truck. They pull out of the drive way, and deep into the forest.