Being Bitten-15

15

Just a little more and she’ll beat her record.

Romeo watches intensely at the wolf racing around the wide open field. They’ve been training for a couple of weeks now, not really sticking to their 4 am plan. Whenever they both have free time is they’re training time. They’ve worked on racing, becoming stronger, dodging things, and most of all, attacks.

Attacks are rare. Very rare. There is only 50 packs in the United States, each state having it’s own pack. The packs usually keep to themselves. But once in a while a run in will happen. Some wolves do not stick to their pack and go alone. They do whatever they please. Sometimes they attack, but it’s uncommon.

Unless you’re wanted from the Terriers, then you’re mostly fine. Then again, some packs don’t like each other. They’re have been wars with United States packs and other countries. They are rare, too, but it’s not impossible. It’s never happened to the Ross pack though.

Romeo’s eyes are trained on the she wolf in front of him. “Come on, Jules, three more and you’ll beat your record!”

No matter how tired she is, she finished the three extra laps, then falls to the ground. Romeo darts over to her, grinning proudly. “You did it! Your record is now 133!”

She instantly changes into human form, standing up happily. “Really?” Juliette throws her arms around him for a tight hug.

They still remain friends, but it’s getting harder and harder for both of them. Because the bond gets stronger and stronger, they’re feelings are changing. Well, Juliette’s feelings are changing. Romeo still likes her. A whole lot.

Of course, he catches her stares. And he can hear her thoughts, but she keeps forgetting about that. Now the bond is activated, he can feel her emotions too, same goes for Juliette. Each knows when the other is feeling happy or sad.

Juliette releases him from her grasp, smiling up at him. Her smile slowly dies and the light in her grey eyes peels away. “I still have to do it, you know.”

He knows exactly what she’s talking about. “You said you would do it. I mean, I guess I understand if you want to back out…”

“No, I’m still doing it. My senses still didn’t come back to me.” She gives him a tiny smile, but it’s gone before he can even blink. “Can you drop me off at Astrid’s house? She called me this morning. She says there’s a dire emergency that’s a life or death situation. I doubt it, but I still have to go.”

He chuckles as they walk towards his house, where his truck is. “Sure thing.”

They get into his truck and immediately she puts her ladybug headphones in. A couple of minutes into the drive, Romeo glares over to her. She completely misses the glare because she’s too busy scrolling down her phone, looking for a new song to play.

Finally he has enough. He rips the phone from her hands, taking the headphones with him. Her head whips up in shock. “What the hell, Romeo?”