Ŧ₩E₦Ŧ¥ ₣ØUƦ

•|• Evil Doctor-Scientist Asshole •|•

Hell is empty and all the devils are here.

-William Shakespeare

•|•

THINGS SEEMED fine, for now. But unknown to the young Queen of the Underland of Gotham, there were two people out there hiding, sneaking and scheming as they secretly plotted her immediate demise.

Nala shrugged a well-worn leather jack onto her shoulders. Adjusting the black beanie and goggles on her head she took another glance at herself in the cracked full length mirror she'd dragged down into the middle of the living room. Her usual wild curls were straightened out, the ends resting against her shoulders. Foot steps fell from behind her. A low whistle came from the Hatter as he walked into the room.

"Cheshire! You look rather fetching this evening." Enzo comes and stands besides his sister.

"I know. I'm meeting up with Sparky." Nala flexed her gloved hands in front of her and wiggled her fingers, sharp nails catching the light.

"You know what would go great with that outfit? A tailored hat!" He takes a small step back to and get said hat, but she stops him with a hand on his arm.

"Thanks, but," Nala pats his cheek. "Maybe next time, buddy."

Enzo pouts before playfully nudging her away from in front of the mirror with his elbow. Cheshire went over to go and plop down on the chair closest to her while he stood and looked at her from the broken surface of the mirror.

"Have you received your apology from Harley?" She held out a hand in front of her, lazily picking under her nails.

"Yes. In Bourbon. Lots, and lots of beautiful bourbon."

"Now you know that's not what I meant." Oh the Hatter did indeed. There was a click of his tongue before he pursed his lips.

"...I haven't gotten an apology face to face. Yet. Maybe she's afraid of me."

"Afraid? Of you?" Nala kept herself from snorting. Enzo refrained from rolling his eyes and shrugged.

"I did try to cut her tongue out with a spoon. And I may have sent various ticking, explosive hats to her previously known location—but that was before you two went and sorta-kinda patched things up."

"Oh-Kay."

"...And I did send some to her girlfriends as well." He quickly dodged the pillow that came hurling at him from behind. At least it wasn't a glass vase. Or a knife. The Hatter watched Nala's eyes flash a vibrant blue and he smiled sheepishly back at her cracked reflection in the mirror.