Chapter 6 - Cato

He's here. He is actually here. The boy in my dreams. The boy that I could not get myself to stop thinking about even if I tried my hardest not to. My eyes followed him the entire time that we stood with our carriages. Most of the time, all I could see was his back, but every so often, he would turn and glance back at me. Every time he did, he'd stare and then almost frown before looking away. My cheeks burned every time his eyes looked straight into my soul.

Peeta turned to me, giving my shoulder a shake. "Are you okay Prim? You look a little pale," he says.

I nod. "Um, yeah I think that I am okay. I just need to use the restroom," I explained, turning to jump off the carriage. He nodded and I turned to walk towards the restroom, pointing in the direction to let the Peacekeepers know where I was going.

I walked in and went to the sink, turning on the faucet to sprinkle water on my face.

I'm starting to get hot thinking about how he looked at me, but I just need to calm down. I shake my hands, attempting to breathe the kinks in my chest out at the same time. It was getting me nowhere. I cannot believe that he is actually here and that we are in the same room with one another.

Calm down Prim. He's just a boy that will never, ever be into you.

I listen to the little voice in the back of my head, and it's right. He will never like me. And I don't like him. I don't.

And who am I kidding? It's irrational of me to be thinking about this when the Hunger Games is facing me in a few days. There are more important things to be worried about, higher stakes and odds. This doesn't make sense. I let out a huge breath and fan my face, staring at myself in the mirror for a moment. Just let it go. Let it go.

"Okay," I breathe out, "I can do this," I tell myself with a firm nod.

I take one more look at myself before I turn to walk out of the door. When I take a step out, I bump into a large, muscular figure, and I instantly know who it is before I even look up.

There was a slight chuckle. "Watch where you're going, flower." A deep, booming voice says from above.

Flower? My stomach turns for a moment. But wait... flower... does he know my name?

I take the opportunity to glance up at him standing over me. Cato's dark eyes lock with mine for a quick second before I look back down. It's getting hot again.

"Sorry," I mumble, glancing up to only meet his chest. He must be at least 6 inches taller than me. In the gold plated armor he's wearing, it's a good view.

Snap out of it! the voice tells me. I mentally slap myself for letting thoughts stray. Hm, but he smells good, too.

"Speak up. I can't hear you," Cato says.

"I said sorry," I say a little louder. My eyes never leave looking at the cement floor. I fumble with my hands in front of me. There's a warm buzz in the air that feels too good.

All of a sudden, my chin is forced up, and my eyes meet Cato's. He holds my face up, forcing us to look directly at one another. I feel the heat rise through my cheeks. I register the look in his eyes as they look back at me with the most beautiful sea-green color I've ever seen.

"You're a pretty little one, aren't you? A very pretty kitten," he says.

I scowl at the name he's given me again, slapping his hand away from my face. I've always hated pet names. The only name that I like being called is Primrose.

"Don't call me kitten. My name is Primrose," I snap. My widen my eyes and I turn away, suddenly embarrassed and a little afraid. I did not just say that to him, a boy, man, that could snap me at any second and not even care about it. Oh no, he's going to kill me before the Games are even close to starting.