I'll Have To Go

"Time to take a shot dear brother." It had become tradition for Lance and I to do a shot together on our birthday. They ended up coming to Europe for many birthdays and since the drinking age there is 18 it just sort of happened. Normally it was a tequila shot but Lance insisted that we branched out and try something else. So that was how we ended up doing a German chocolate cake shot. Lance's face scrunched up as he finished the shot. Guess which one of us could hold their alcohol better.

"Come on! Why can't I have one?" We were used to Alice complaining the past couple years as we took our shot. "Tell you what Alice, you can drink. As soon as you turn 21." Sometimes being the big sister had its perks and while I was still here I could make her life a living Hell. "And Alice if you do drink before you are 21, I will haunt you from the grave."

"Again, you were cooler when you were in Europe." As much fun as it was to see Alice sulk in disappointment something just felt like it was missing. As much as I knew what it was I couldn't bring myself to call him even if he said he would come. This was one of the many times I had to ignore my heart and listen to my head. Within the past 30 days Clarke did everything he promised me he would. It just seamed a little cruel of me to see him now.

And yet, at some point my heart won and I was on my way to his house. When he opened the door my heart fluttered. He was in nothing but a pair of sweat pants and looked as if he just finished working out. "Lilly, what are you doing here?"

"Just shut up." I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him down to meet my lips. The kiss was short but just what I needed. "I had to do that one last time." The thing was as I tried to leave Clarke put his arms around my waist and pulled me into him as he closed the door. This time he pulled me up to meet his lips. Being pressed against him I could feel the heat of his bare skin as if it were setting me on fire.

"It doesn't have to be just that kiss." And he was right because for the first time I wanted more. I wanted more of his touch and more of his lips on my skin. He wasn't like the hookups I had in Europe where they were just satisfying an urge. Clarke had gotten to know the real me and even if our make outs hadn't been as intense as this he still knew how to touch me.

Not long after my legs wrapped around his waist he was heading towards his room. For the first time in a while I was nervous. "You're trembling, we can stop." He said as he laid me down on his bed. Looking in his eyes I knew he meant it. He was putting me before him in a way I was never used to. "It's not out of fear." Gently he moved the hair back from my neck and started planting kisses from the base of my neck and up to my lips.

As we lost ourselves in each other part of his wolf took over and nipped my shoulder right where Ryan had full on bit it a month ago. This wasn't the first time a wolf has bitten me while hooking up so I didn't mind the bite. In fact, coming from Clarke it felt really good. All through the night I enjoyed being lost in his embrace.

There were times when it was fast and hard, but most of the night we took our time with each other. I memorized the curve of his lips and the shade of his eyes as he memorized the brightness of my hair and the softness of my skin. One thing was for sure though, nether of us were going to forget this night.