Long Live

The sun was eating down on my face as I soaked up the sun for one final time. After the best night of my life I snuck out of Clarke's place and snuck back to my own house to change. Literally I put on a white sundress and a neutral makeup scheme. I gotta say I wanted to take a picture before I left to come here because I looked good. I am going out looking good or I'm going to kill myself in the afterlife.

I left the letters I wrote with Lance to give to people after I died and he knows exactly where to find me. He actually helped me pick this spot. It was a meadow filled with flowers with a waterfall in the distance. The trees created some nice texture to the nature and it just felt like something out of a story. Lance knew not to come get me until 1:00 PM. That was exactly 12 minuets after I die.

"I didn't peg you for a sneaking out girl." Clarke's voice actually made me jump. "How did you find me?" He chuckled a bit as he sat next to me. Compared to last night he had on a pair of blue jeans and a black t-shirt. "Your brother told me where to find you. Of course I ignored him though when he said not to come after you." Now, I swore to myself that no tears would fall today. In that moment though tears were close into spilling over my eyes.

"Why are you here though Clarke?' It wasn't that I didn't want to see him. He had watched someone close to him die already. I was worried that seeing me die would hurt him beyond repair. "I came here because I don't think you deserve to die alone. I know you have this plan with Lance, but I love you Lilly. I didn't want to scare you though by saying it." Clarke always had this habit of springing things like this on me.

I didn't know what it felt like to be loved by someone. In the past month Clarke gave me that feeling. "I have a birthday gift for you. I wanted to give it to you last night, but then we got a little carried away." As the memoires of last night came flooding in a furious blush came across my cheeks. All Clarke handed me was an unwrapped, black box. When I opened it there was an oval shaped pendent that had a red stone pressed into it. "Thank you Clarke, it's beautiful. Help me put it on?"

I moved my red locks to the side of my neck as he clasped the necklace on me. As I turned to face him those green eyes were staring right into mine. Clarke reached his hand behind my neck and brought me up to meet his lips. Half way through out kiss though my head started to get dizzy. He didn't press on further. Instead he just laid us back and let me use his chest as a pillow.

"What time is it?" I hadn't brought anything with me. Luckily for us he did. "12:40." Eight minuets to go. "Don't worry Lilly. I am going to stay right here." My mind was screaming at me to push away from him as he wrapped his arm around me. My heart on the other hand put my arms around him and pulled him closer to my body. Time was either moving really fast or really slow because I found it harder to keep my eyes open. I mean on the bright side this was a painless death.

As I closed my eyes I felt Clarke kiss the top of my head and really I wouldn't have this any other way. It took me forever to realize this, but now that I did I wish I had learned it sooner. Now that I know what it feels like to love and be loved in return, I couldn't think of a better way to die than in the arms of the man I loved.