Episode 20 - Wet Mess👽

"People are more what they hide than what they show."

-John Spence

👽👽👽

Kate groaned out loudly. She stood in the middle of the street which was completely silent. Elena hadn't returned. It had been more than two hours since she had gone to prank Ivan.

Kate felt that she couldn't wait anymore as midnight had already struck. What if she's in trouble?

She quickly climbed up the pipe, wishing for the window to be open. To her luck, it was, and she stepped inside the room nimbly.

Amidst the slow breathing of the boys, Kate whispered her twin's name. She felt like a fool doing so, calling out in the dark, but she had to make sure that Elena was okay.

She waved her hands in the air, looking for the bed. Once she touched it, she bent down and slid under it. She came in contact with a body and froze. Taking her mobile out from her back pocket, she hovered it in no particular direction.

She let out a sigh when she noticed that it was Elena. The older twin had fallen asleep with her face buried in the fluffy carpet, making her roll her eyes.

Her lips were folded in a thin line as she had to wait for so long while the former had fallen asleep peacefully.

Sleepyhead.

Should I wake her up?

I think I should.

No, what if she screams?

Yeah, she does scream when woken up suddenly.

Let's wait till the mighty, sleepy, Queen El gets up.

But the waiting part wasn't prolonged as Kate fell asleep in a few minutes. She had tried staying awake, but her heavy eyes and Elena's scary costume wouldn't let her.

Guess all the waiting had made her tired. Well, so not a guess, duh! Waiting does make one tired.

👽👽👽

The next morning, Ivan strolled towards the window. He remembered the night's happenings and shuddered involuntarily.

"That was one scary dream," he whispered.

He looked at the twins' window and noticed their mom pacing nervously in the room.

Her face depicted an expression of anger and worry, each one in a battle of gaining the upper hand.

A pillow was clutched tightly in her hand and the twins' bed was empty, pillows in their place.

"So... they were the tarantula monsters," Ivan spoke with a grumble. "That means they're still here."

He grinned slightly as he noticed the twins' mom with an angry scowl on her face.

"Guess who's gonna get into trouble?" he whispered.

Ivan looked around his room carefully, taking nimble steps in case the twins sprung out any moment. His blue eyes seemed to scan every inch of his room, his long feet careful not to make much sound.