Episode 25 - Unanswered👽

"I have noticed that,
if you look carefully
at people's eyes,
the first five seconds
they look at you,
the truth of their feelings
will shine through,
for just an instant
before it flickers away."

-Sue Monk Kidd

👽👽👽

Kate watched Max gently patting Sarah's brother's back before letting him go. She waited for him to join her so that he could explain more about vocalizing.

She felt somewhat less scared when Max's hand held hers. She also felt that the way he encouraged her, would let her get rid of her fear once and for all.

She bet anyone would feel positive and cheerful in his company.

But, was he included in that list? She couldn't tell.

She caught his green eyes resting on her golden ones with a smile that struggled to push its way through sadness.

It seemed like a spring gushing out of a mountainside after pushing its way out through the rocks.

She could tell that the smile wasn't genuine, it was forced to show that he was cheerful, but she knew it meant otherwise.

After all, one pained soul could definitely identify the other.

She sauntered towards him in order to ask the reason for his watery eyes.

To ask the cause of his withheld tears.

To ask why he blinked repeatedly as he noticed her penetrating gaze.

She noticed him shuffle his feet as he tried to keep the smile on his face steady.

"Why are you crying?" Kate asked, unable to keep the question at bay for any longer.

"I'm not, why would I be?" Max answered her with a chuckle.

She could say that his chuckle was outlined by sadness as well.

"Don't lie to me, Max," she whispered, her eyes locked firmly with his. "You can tell me."

He closed his eyes momentarily and let out a sigh. A small smile danced on his lips as he stared at her serious gold-like gaze.

"Max... tell me... tell me everything."

Ivan's yelling interrupted Max from speaking further as they both noticed him and Elena arguing.

Max shook his head with a smile and moved forward to join them. Kate noticed this and held his wrist firmly.

"Tell me what's bothering you."

Kate found Max's finger smoothing the wrinkles on her forehead. His finger then moved to the corner of her lips, where he dragged each corner upwards.

Kate couldn't help but chuckle at his gesture. She found him gazing at her softly, his green eyes circled in red. His smile returned, a genuine one this time as he whispered, "Marigold."

He gave her another glance and joined Ivan's side, noticing him and Elena glaring at each other.

Kate, puzzled by what Max had uttered, walked towards them as she had nothing better to do.

"How long will you deny practicing your lines?" Ivan asked exasperatedly. He looked straight into Elena's dark eyes, which stared back in rebellion.

"As long as you don't clarify about what you had said," Elena answered him in a clipped tone. Her arms were folded against her chest, a scowl marring the cuteness of her usual mischievous face.