xxix. Take Back the Falls

There is a place that still remains
It eats the fear, it eats the pain
the sweetest price he'll have to pay
the day the world went away

•••

I'm worse at what I do best
and for this gift I feel blessed
our little group has always been
and always will until the end

Don't get caught in foreign towers
slash and burn
return
listen to yourself churn
lock it in
uniforming
book burning
blood letting
every motive escalate
uh, oh this means no
Everybody wants to rule the world

Y/n's pov

We released from the hug with tears in the others eyes. I was smiling and looking around at all the people around us.

I frowned when I saw Pacifica but smiled again when I saw what she was wearing. She looked like she was wearing a potato sack, it made me laugh uncontrollably. I stopped laughing once I realized I hadn't seen Ford.

"Uh, where's Ford?" I asked and looked at Dipper who frowned and looked at the ground. I put a comforting hand on his shoulder because of how upset he looked because of my question. Ford couldn't have died, right?

"We've missed you Stan!" Soos came running over, along with Wendy and they both hugged him.

"I've missed you guys too." Stan said while he stood back up and looked around the room and Dipper looked back up from the floor and changed the subject.

"Uh, what's everyone doing here?" A bug walked by him and he screamed which caused me to laugh, which caused Mabel to laugh and we did this fist bump thing that put me in a better mood. When you are bubble roommates with someone, it really connects you with that person in a way that only bubble roommates can share.

"Yeah, and why is Pacifica hear?" I asked as I turned towards Grunkle Stan but pointed my thumb beside me to where the princess was standing.

"Hey, I'm just as welcome as this monster beside me." She rolled her eyes and I faced her.

"Pretty sure your the only monster in here."

She gasped and stopped her foot and I could hear Dipper chuckling.

"Can it, Dipper. I had a chance, but you blew it for me! " Pacifica pointed at me accusingly with a cold stare and I smiled.

"Right. A ...'chance'. That's funny."

She stomped away and I turned towards Stan, who was watching me, smiling. "Welcome to what's left of normal around here." Stan lit up a fire and it shun a light on all of the creatures and people that was left of Gravity Falls.

I frowned at the sight of how bad this was. This was it. Can we even stop Bill now? Is it too late? I looked around at all of the injured, broken, and depressed figures gathered around the fire. Creatures that were once enemies, were now sitting next to each other keeping them company. I never expected the apocalypse to change stuff this jurrasicly. Then again I never thought an apocalypse would ever happen.

I grabbed Dippers hand and we looked at each other with our jaws clenched, trying to hide the fear from one another and to the people surrounding us. The only thing I worried about was that this whole situation wouldn't change anything between me and Dipper.

"The end of the world." I was brought out of my thoughts by Stan starting to tell us how he came to come across all of these creatures but I completely zoned out, still taking in everything.