You Are To...

Chapter 5:  You Are To...

Liaison, the unbreakable bond.

The young girl was standing under the shade of a tree, gazing at the wide blue ocean and watching birds fly in the serene scenery. It was a peaceful morning; a calm and blank expression was on the girl's face.

Her eyes then focused on a small flower bud floating on her palm. It was dimly glowing in blue light and bright string-like figures also emerged from it.

Right just around the bud was what looked like a red magic circle, but it was more like a magic formula; inside the circle were strings that were connected in a web-like fashion of a dream catcher, but it seems to be not complete. Nothing was yet connected at the center.

I tie up every string of people's bonds.

Six points with no strings connected were at the center, surrounding the bud. Unlike the other points in the circle, these six points were a lot bigger and brighter than them, and it seemed that these points are very important just as much as the bud.

The girl slowly closed her eyes and appeared to project a short film in her mind and outside.

A town was engulfed in flames. The murderous mob was already retreating outside the north of town. They went up the nearby uphill and stumbled upon a large house.

It looked obvious that they'll stay in there for that night before they could go somewhere else.

The film disappeared like a TV show vanishing when it was turned off. The girl slowly opened her eyes. It's when she then realized that six boys were already gathered in front of her.

She then faced them seriously, while they focused on her words attentively.

"He had a great fall of himself before I brought him here. Now that it came to that, I really need your help. I want you to go by his side right away while he hasn't known anything yet."

The boys nodded with a serious expression. The girl continued, "His dreams are already starting to shape inside him. We haven't completed the catcher for those dreams."

She then looked at one of the boys, who had a bird resting on his shoulder. He looked pretty nervous but also serious. She calmly told him, "You already know what to do."

The boy nodded in agreement. The bird looked at him and made a soft chirp. He in turn just smiled at it and placed his hand on its feet to put him on his head. He then spoke, "I'll make the first contact to him, right?"

The girl looked at the other boys. "You can go to him anytime after the first contact."

Seeing that they all agreed, she then closed her eyes again. "You are all dismissed."

After a few seconds of closing her eyes, she opened them again, then saw that the boys had left. The bud on her palm had disappeared too.

She went back to staring at the horizon. A swirl of rush came inside her.

She spoke in her inner self. "At last I can finally relax....for now."