Liaison

Chapter 7: Liaison

Alice was taking on different courses after buying the needed medicine. She thought she couldn't just go home right after buying them and then going back here again to buy some stuff.

All day, she was picking out some suitable clothes for Cage and supplies of food, obviously.

She took a ride to uphill so she can reach home right away. She had gone out for too long, who knows how Cage is doing there right now. He might have wandered off outside.

She felt afraid of that thought. After all, Cage seems a bit naive considering his amnesia, but from what she had observed earlier, he seems to behave very well. She doesn't know yet how he would behave if she weren't around.

It's almost like she's watching over a little kid. She just sighed and shrugged that thought off. "I just dissed my own friend, all right."

She was going uphill to her house while carrying her stuff. When she had reached the front door, she had seen, thankfully, it was still locked the way it was before she left.

She just opened it and went inside.

"I'm back!" She called as she stepped in, then she closed the door behind her. She began looking around. "Cage?"

The frail boy was nowhere in the living room. Alice went to the kitchen to put her groceries before she came to her room to see if Cage was there.

"Cage, are you there?" She called upon entering, but nothing came in response.

She then went in another bedroom. Actually, there's no other place to look around in the house. But she couldn't find him there too.

She grew concerned when she couldn't find him anywhere in the house, let alone in the living room where he was supposed to stay and wait.

"Ah, I'm such an idiot. He must have been scared all by himself that he walked off somewhere...but wait..."

She glanced back at the front door in suspicion. "The front door was still locked when I came back. Would that mean...?"

Getting the idea where her friend had gone off, she then went to the kitchen and opened the door.

The view of the spring came to her right after she went out. She then saw her friend sitting at the edge of the pathway. "Cage!"

The boy flinched in response and glanced back with a surprised look. "Alice...?"

She ran along the pathway and came to him, immediately leaning onto him and locking her arms around him. That sudden act made Cage flinch and his heart skip a beat.

"I'm really sorry for making you wait for too long....I wasn't supposed to leave my friend all alone by himself. I'm sorry..." she spoke in a really worried tone.