Chapter 14

By the time Hoseok and Jungkook were at Taehyung's door, Jungkook was completely lost while Hoseok was laughing. When Taehyung opened the door, he was confused at the sight in front of him.

"Ya hobi! What did you do to him?"

Hoseok looked at Jungkook and laughed again before almost whispering in Taehyung's ear.

"I told him about professor Nam Joon's secret."

Taehyung's face turned into an 'o' as he looked over at his dongsaeng who seemed to be having an internal crisis at the moment. Taehyung intended for a glance but he kept looking at Jungkook and didn't realize that his glance had turned into a stare. Since the time he met him, every time his eyes landed on Jungkook, everything about him screamed perfection and Taehyung could see sparkles around his entire being. And just like every other time, a small blush started creeping up his face. The longer he stared the darker his face kept getting.

Hoseok had had enough of the dramatic scene in front of him, so he pulled them both by their wrists to bring them back to Earth and dragged them along.

"That's enough for today Sherlock and Romeo. Let's continue this later, shall we?"

Taehyung came out of his daze as soon as his wrist was touched and asked

"Who's Romeo?" Hoseok only sighed and shook his head as he lead them inside.

"No one."

Before they could move upstairs, Jin appeared from the kitchen, wearing a pink apron and holding a spatula, to shout at them again since he hadn't heard the door being closed yet. The moment Jungkook's eyes met Jin's, his face turned red and he immediately looked down at his feet. Jin being the nonchalant one, brushed it off as his shyness and scolded the other two again until they closed the door. When Taehyung saw Jungkook getting flustered at the sight of his older brother he thought that Jungkook's reaction was cute. But the moment he realized what he had thought he started blushing again.

Hoseok closed the door and pulled them along as he went up to Taehyung's room. He was still holding on to the other two's wrists when they entered the room since Jungkook's body had stopped functioning again and Taehyung was busy fighting another blush to know where he was going.

"Okay!" Hoseok said louder than usual to get attention of all his audience. Once he did, he spoke again, addressing Taehyung.
"Tae, I haven't told him the details yet because the walk wasn't much. So we have to do that now." Taehyung instantly forgot about his little slip ups a little while back since he was up and jumping around the room out of excitement, by now.

"First things first~" He sang as he opened the door and looked around suspiciously before closing it again, very carefully, and locking it.

"Door. Check."

Hoseok closed the window and turned to report.

"Window. Check."

Meanwhile, Jungkook kept standing at his spot on the ground where he stood when they had entered the room.

After a proper security check, both boys sat on bed pulling Jungkook with them causing him to almost fall between them. They scooted closer to him so that their whispers were only audible enough for the younger.

Jungkook got a little uncomfortable when Taehyung and Hoseok's breath tickled his neck on both sides, so he pulled himself further up on the bed to create a decent distance. All the hype and excitement made Taehyung negligent about Jungkook's behaviour for which latter was grateful but, of course, nothing escapes from Hoseok's sharp senses. He too, however, let it slide since they had a more important task at hand.

Hoseok and Taehyung stared at each other, conversing with their eyes for a moment, before turning towards Jungkook with utmost seriousness.

"Jeon Jungkook, you have to take the oath before we disclose the details of this top secret information to you." Taehyung's statement was barely above the whisper level. Jungkook looked at him quizzically at the use of his full name and the order given. Granted the small amount of news Hoseok had given shocked him, but an oath? Wouldn't that be too much? But then again, the two of them haven't done anything normal in front of him yet, so he should have expected some exaggeration in this case, too. Concluding his decisions he gave up on pondering much about it and just thought about going with the flow. He needed to know the whole story, after all.

So, Jungkook gulped before nodding at which Hoseok started by raising his right hand and gesturing for Jungkook to copy him.
"Repeat after me." He paused for Jungkook's nod and hand to rise after which he continued.
"I, your name.." He instructed

"I, Jeon Jungkook" He stopped himself from rolling his eyes at the absurdity his hyungs were showing in front of him.

"Solemnly swear on my life.."  Jungkook gave Hoseok the 'what the hell' look before shaking his head and continuing.

"That whatever will be discussed in this room today.."

"Will not leave this room at any cost."

"Cross my heart and hope to die." Hoseok moved his hand over his heart and made a cross with his index finger after he said the words.

Jungkook stared at Hoseok, once again, for the ridiculous ending of an equally ridiculous oath but seeing the stern stare of both boys on him he immediately looked down and repeated Hoseok's words.

"Cross my heart and hope to die." He didn't copy the gesture, however, because it was way too much for him. But Taehyung and Hoseok seemed to be taking this whole deal a little too seriously since they didn't let him off for the missing detail.

"You have to cross your heart Kookie. The oath isn't complete without it." Taehyung explained gently as if Jungkook was a new staff in an office who was unable to grasp a very technical thing.

Jungkook mentally slapped himself for being in the situation he was in at the moment and was already questioning his decisions. His inner turmoil was unable to do anything about it, though, since both Hoseok and Taehyung were calmly waiting for him to do the childish gesture. Jungkook sighed in defeat as he realized that logic will never be able to enter this room so, instead of changing the others, he threw his own sanity out the window once and for all as he crossed his heart with his index finger just like Hoseok did.

Taehyung and Hoseok nod at each other in understanding before Taehyung reached his hand out for Jungkook to shake it like an assemblyman does after signing a deal. Jungkook shook it firmly and by now was completely one of them, both mentally and physically.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~