6. Waiting for me

Chloe's POV

Expression? Bitch who?! We are team sculpture.

That's exactly what his face reflects when I look at him, because he genuinely looks like there's nothing in this world that would make him interested. My man's standards for smiling are too high.

Even if I say he's emotionless, his minor gaze sends shivers down my spine. Dominance and power are the two main attributes he wears. He stood straight in his tall glory towering over me even more precisely as I was sitting down on my chair. My face was closer to his waist line and I looked at him like a kid lost in the supermarket.

Though his presence astonished me, his appearance shocked me even more. He wasn't wearing his usual three piece suit, rather a round white coloured neck knitted t-shirt and navy blue trousers, showcasing his strong biceps. Even his veins, broad shoulders and chest, highlighted how well built he is.

His sharp cheekbones and that fine jawline adds on to this man's beauty. He just looks too perfect to exist amongst us mere humans. But even all these strong features couldn't hide how soft and delicate his lips were. Pink, just like his naturally blushing cheeks giving him every chance to be called 'natural beauty'.

"It's good to see you Ms. Cameron." He said, walking in front of me, giving me a better look of his face.

"Good evening sir." I said as I rushed to stand up immediately, but he shook his hand and said, "oh no no, keep sitting. That's alright."

He took another step and kept his hand on the chair in front of my table. He said, "Mind if I sit here?"

"N-not at all. Please have a seat." I said, smiling a little.

"So, what are you doing here?" He asked as he sat down.

"Oh, I actually came here with my friend." I said, trying to cover up the nervousness by pinching my fingers under the table. I wouldn't say I was uncomfortable but I just felt like I'm giving an examination. But now I genuinely feel like I'm overreacting. He's just my boss after all. And like Claire said, he's not a cannibal so he won't eat me.

Right?

"It's good to hangout from time to time." He said, with his lips curved up in a little smile.

"Yes, indeed." I said smiling.

Wait a second- did he just smile?! STONE FACE SMILED? WHAT?

It felt like my breath halted with a dramatic pause and I couldn't believe that. His face looks so outstandingly gorgeous when he smiles. That slight curve on his face gave me butterflies. This man truly amazes me. How can he have such a deep impact on me even with his mere actions?

I looked at him and I wanted the time to stop so I could stare at his radiant face all my life. No compliments can truly describe how he looks. He's just different. Special.

"Umm, do you mind if I ask you something?" He said, looking a little doubtful.

This side of him was new and something I have never thought of exploring. He looked confused like an innocent unknown boy. All that strong dominant mist his surroundings usually hold weren't visible at all. He looked like the sweetest guy you could ever talk to. I'm amazed at how the man who gave me fever just by his gaze looked so pristine.

"Yeah sure." I nodded.

"You left the office so quickly yesterday. You even looked sick and I saw someone picking you up. Is everything good?" He asked, looking concerned.

"Ahh, no sir, I'm all good. I just got overworked I guess." I said chuckling, trying to close the conversation, because I possibly couldn't let him know that he gave me a fever.