20. Aphrodisia

Christian's POV
The next morning I was accompanied by my client on my way to office. He was sitting next to me, explaining about a project that we recently got. But no matter how hard I tried I could only pretend to listen, because I was thinking about the bet that I made with Chloe. I was acting as if I was listening to him very carefully but only, she dominated my head.

Even though I was pretty confident, I would win, deep down I knew it was hard to resist her. But my aim was to win, I wanted to see what I could do with my achievement. Of course, I had tons of things in my head planned. As I looked outside at the periwinkle skies and sage green ambience, yet she sat in my head; the prettiest being. I wanted, no, I needed to win.

My thoughts came to a halt, when we reached the office. We entered the building and straight away went to the elevator. I had to quickly reach my office and read the report of the project this client had been talking about because I didn't hear a single word he said. With my eyes were fixated on the floor counting screen, when my phone started ringing. It was, Stefan, my friend.

"Where are you, my boy?" He said in his usual cheerful tone.

I sighed. I still can't figure out how can he be this high spirited all the time. It's almost concerning at times. Stefan Stone has been my friend for more than a decade now. We basically have grown up together. With our families having been maintaining good relations, Stefan and I first started hanging out at the boring family get togethers, to attending the same college and now being owners of our business empires.

While Stefan is the king of night life, owning a huge chain of casinos and night clubs in several countries, my firm is tech inclined. We both have always somehow balanced our relationship and stuck together. My friend group has been pretty small since childhood and now it's just me and Stefan left, with a few more, I don't talk much with.

"On my way to the office. What about you?" I knew why he had called me, but I still gave him a chance to present himself.

"Actually, I was in town, so, I thought maybe we could hangout. It's been long." I knew it, that's all he does when he is in town.

"Lonely motherfucker." I cursed under my breath, loud enough for him to hear it.

"I heard it asshole. You are so mean." I couldn't mistake his jaunty voice ever.

"Oh no, sorry for offending you, Hercules." I said as I shook my head.

"Shut the fuck up, I'm picking you up at eight, do whatever you want before that."

"I have to catch a business flight."

"Fuck your business, how rich you want to get?" I rolled my eyes at his statement. "If you stop working right now, your grand-grand children would also have enough money to live a lavish life." He continued chuckling slightly.

I said in a low pretended-tiring voice, "I can't today."

"I didn't ask Chris."

"Yes, you didn't ask before my fucking my employee, that day either." I shook my head recalling the incident when I caught this dickhead in my office.

"You know, it was just one time." I rolled my eyes when I heard him chuckle.

"Yes, because since then your entry has been prohibited in my office."

"I love you too." He said and suddenly a thought invaded my head.

First, I was going to say no, or just invite him to my office instead, but then Chloe came in my head. If I'll stay away from her, maybe I would be able to resist her and win the bet. Taking into consideration Stefan was the easiest escape, I agreed to our hangout.