07: when I was yours

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

S C O T T

"Why were you so rude to Alison at lunch, Carol?" I whispered at her, trying not to interrupt the Economics class we were watching. To think about my ex-girlfriend still hurt and I didn't think I would forgive her so soon but Caroline didn't need to be rude to her.

We were sitting next to each other and she had one of her hands on mine. Sometimes I wondered if she was trying to flirt with me but then I remember that she was just Carol, flirting with every boy was in her nature.

"Because she had cheated on you and she shouldn't get away with it." She whispered back while rubbing my hand, her touch making me feel a little uncomfortable. What was she trying to do with that?

"I think she had enough. Everyone except for Madison turned their back to her. That must have been hard."

After that party, for me, Ali was a heartless person. But even after what she did, Alison didn't deserve to be ignored by other people except me. I was right to ignore my ex-girlfriend, but our classmates had no right to judge her.

"I think she deserves much more compared to what she made you go through. She is a total bitch." She rolled her eyes, a sigh escaping from my mouth. Caroline used to be Alison's best friend, and a few days later she was saying bad words behind Ali's back.

No wonder why they don't even look at each other anymore.

"Anyway, are you going to my house today as we have planned?" Carol asked, her voice so low in my ear and I had the urge to get out of here.

"I thin-"

"Do you want to share with the whole class what you guys have been talking about?" Mr. Marquez's voice tone was angry and just now that I've realized that he was right next to us. He was expecting an answer and I didn't know what to say.

"It was nothing, we swear." Carol took the lead while I froze in my place. I tried so hard to mumble an apology but the teacher didn't even want to listen.

"Well, if it was nothing then you wouldn't mind explaining everything to the principal. Both of you." He told us, pointing to the door, while the whole class busted on laughs and gossips. Sometimes, I just hated high school.

We didn't fight back which was probably better and got up, making our way to the principal's room. My aunt would kill me.

"You could have just said sorry," I advised her, finally assimilating what we could have done to stay in class.

"I'm sorry but you also didn't help a thing." Caroline rolled her dark green eyes one more time at me. She was right. My mind was such a mess that I didn't even help her when talking to the teacher.

"I don't think I will be able to go to your house, today. I have a lot of homework" I let out, half of the truth, my heart beating fast at the thought of going reliving that fateful day. After two days, I still couldn't bring myself to come back there.