32: drunken kisses

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

A L I S O N

"Oh God, do you remember that time when we went to the principal for spilling water all over the class?" Scott's voice is light and happily followed by a loud laugh and I can't help but laugh as well, memories from the sophomore year filling my mind.

We are in his room, back in the place where I left crying that day, sitting on his comfy bed in front of each other. A delicious half-eaten pepperoni pizza is between us and a bottle of vodka is next to it. I have lost count of hours and the boy in front of me is my only escape from my horrible thoughts. 

The minute Scott saw me on his doorstep, broken and with unstoppable tears on my eyes, he instantly took me in. Luckily, Jessica is out of state for an emergency reunion on her company so she didn't have to chance to ask questions that I would dodge from. My ex-boyfriend managed to steal the alcohol from the pantry and I just wondered how is he going to fill the emptiness later. 

"Why do we thought that making a hole in our plastic bottles and shooting water at each other would be a good idea?" Our laughs fill the room, my belly hurting from our conversation, and the tipsiness of the drink finally starts to make an effect. 

I'm feeling light, not because of the alcohol, maybe a part of it, but for the main fact that my mother's words stopped ringing in my mind.

"Good times that don't come back," I can't stop myself from saying it, bitterness filling my mouth and Scott slowly nods, agreeing to the fact that we were much happier back then than now. 

I fight the tears that threaten to leave my blue-green eyes, tired of focusing on what I have lost but even though I put up a well-built facade, my ex-boyfriend sees right through it when he takes my hand in his.

"Stay the night, Alison." He whispers to me as his thumb makes littles circles on my palm and I widen my eyes at his offer that just caught me off guard, my heart beating fast against my chest. What the hell?

"God no, not like this, Ali. I can sleep on the couch downstairs or on the floor, I just want to make sure you are alright." His eyes never leave mine and I smile faithfully at his reaction, feeling the warmness of care for once. He must have realized that his words had double meanings. 

Scott gets closer to me but despite my anxiety, I don't stop him, not when I'm so tired of everything. Not when this is what I wanted the whole time. I try so hard not to look at his lips but I do and he bites his bottom lip instantly. I almost don't control myself from doing the same. 

My breath is irregular as he puts the leftovers on the floor so we are a few inches away from each other.

The minute he places his hand on my cheek, his cold fingers caressing the skin behind my ear and making me shiver, my heart skips a beat. The boy in front of me presses his lips against mine, asking for permission, all his movements being carefully taken and I let him in. He loses it when I finally allow him to touch me, feel me against his arms.