23: one more time

♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

A L I S O N

My hands are trembling as I reach my car's door.

Why did I kiss him? Scott wasn't even there to see it.

As soon as I sit down, I rest my head in the wheel. Tears have formed in my eyes but I don't want to let them out. I'm tired of crying every day.

My feelings are a mixture of regrets and anger. Scott is with Caroline. I kissed my best friend, wishing that he was my ex-boyfriend.

How twisted is that?

I look at the rear-view mirror, wishing to see someone perfectly happy but I met by watery blue-green eyes that belong to a girl that is tired of her life. Alison Lawrence is broken.

A girl that grew up without the father love she needed. A girl that everyone turned their back to. A girl that was left shattered and alone in the middle of a party.

A girl that would do anything to be perfect.

You know what? Fuck it. I don't hold back the tears. I let them wash away my soul. I cry for what I lost. I cry for what I don't have.

But mostly, I cry because I thought I was mended again, however, I'm still broken.

A shallow girl that has nothing but pain inside herself.

I need someone to talk to and now, the only person I have is 2.076 miles away. But before calling her, I calm myself down. If she heard and saw me now, my best friend would probably come worried all the way from Chicago.

Breathe in and out.

After getting over my mental breakdown, I grab my phone, quickly dialing her phone number.

Please, Emma. I really need you. To my relief, she picks up in the first beat and I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Slap me now, Ems."

"Gladly." It feels insanely good to hear her voice but it just makes me miss my best friend even more. "Spill it out, Allie."

"I kissed Tristan."

"You did what?" Emma is caught by surprise, cursing under her breath.

"I panicked because Scott had his tongue in Caroline's fucking throat-"

"Wait, rewind the tape. Your ex-boyfriend is with that bitch?"