24

Your POV:

"You see, this is why I like you," his words echoed in my ear and I jumped up to realize I'd been dreaming. Again.

After that day, all I thought about was what Jungkook had said that day and I had told myself he must not have meant it that way, but my stupid brain always made it sound much sensual than the last I dreamt about it. I was beginning to question my sanity.

I remember he had chuckled when I stopped breathing and then he had ruffled my hair.

See? A friendly gesture. He likes you as a friend. He is a friend. He's a kid!

Mentally chastising myself for momentarily slipping off the path, I got up to wash up.

It was stupid of me to think too much into it right after the Rap monster incident but I was willing to let it go because Jungkook was hot as fuck and anyone would forget to do up their flies.

A message popped up on my screen:

Sunbae:
You're ready for the concert at the end of the month? I hope you took the day off.

And I gasped. I had forgotten all about it. I made a mental note to ask unnie.

It was Saturday so I straight up went to work. The press conference was a success from what I had heard. The fans had calmed down and apparently many were just pissed why he wasn't dating Jin. I get them.

Well, all is well that ends well.

I walked into the building and found unnie in the dressing room. No one noticed me because everyone was absorbed watching the press conference and the reaction of the public.

I craned my necked to see clearly and saw Hyuna there as well.

Wait, what? Is that a good idea? Well it was pfft.

And it was. It really was.

Rap monster looked at her and then addressed the people, torn between wanting to keep them both at his side and not willing to let either go.

Anyone would have had to been blind to not see he was really in love with her... or that he loved his fans. To ask him to choose between two different kinds of love was absurd.

I felt proud of the fandom that had been labelled the worst fans.

"Y/n, you could have stayed at home. Took the day off," unnie said, approaching me. "They don't have any schedule today except practice for the concert."

"Right. About that, unnie..," I began.

"You're worried if the news affected the concert? We were scared too, but the press conference was a hit! So don't worry," she smiled and I smiled back. It was hard to bring up taking the day off on probably the busiest day a month into the job. Crap.

"Um, no unnie. I was wondering if I could get a day off on the concert. You see, my friends made me promise I'd go with them," I said, feeling a little guilty.

She looked worried suddenly. But before she could say something, Jungkook came over.

"I couldn't help but overhear," he said. "Are you taking the day off when you're needed the most? That's unprofessional."

I felt my face grow hot in embarrassment and I looked down.

"No, Jungkook. Unprofessional would have been for her to have backed out at the last minute. She asked a month prior so I could arrange a substitute," unnie spoke.

Even though I hadn't really thought about it this way but it felt nice to be the good person again.

I looked up at her, grateful. Jungkook looked sour. What's his problem? Why's he so sour?

"Well okay. You can take the day off. You need to enjoy too," unnie smiled. "Hey isn't it going to be your first concert?"

And I felt pumped somehow. "Yes," I piped. "I finally get to see BTS live!! My prayers have been answered!," I said in a shrill voice that made everyone turn around to look at me and I started to feel faint.

"So this is the real y/n," Taehyung laughed.
"Someone lost their cool," Jhope was laughing too.
"Fangirl spotted!"

Goddammit y/n! They heard you fangirl. If you have no self respect, at least have some self restraint, bitch!

They all started laughing and I started to swing on my feet, ready to faint in embarrassment when someone grabbed my wrist.

"Don't faint. I have some questions to ask." It was Jungkook.

"Hm?"
"Who are you going to the concert with?," he barked staring down at me.
"Yoona and sunbae," I replied, a little scared. What was with him? Why was he getting worked up?

"You're going.. wait, is that the condition?," he was grabbing my arm now.
"N-no! Yoona doesn't know yet. Why are you so angry?!"

He suddenly let of me and I stumbled back a little.
"Hmph! Some fan you are. The moment you're needed most, you go off to have fun?," there was venom in his voice.

What the actual fuck? What does he want from me? To give up on my friends and just hang around prettying him up?

"What is that supposed to mean? I'm not quitting! I just took one day off. Don't I even deserve that? And it's YOUR concert I'm going to anyway! Just because I'm your makeup artist, that takes away my right to live? To have friends? Just because I make plans for one day, I'm being questioned as if I'm a traitor?"

I was breathing hard, stung by his words. Do others not skip work at all? Does he give them crap too?

I refused to feel guilty about something I had always wanted! All my life I'd wanted to go to their concert... I mean ever since I'd become an ARMY.

"I did not say that," his voice was strained. What you holding back bruh?
"Well it didn't sound much different." I looked at him, knowing he had spoiled my excitement. "I'll do your make up and meet them there. We'll be going to the same destination anyway. Maybe I'll get to tell Yoona that way too. Am I still selfish?," I asked, grudge evident in my voice.

He blinked a few times as if trying to focus. Then smiled, turned his head to the side and scoffed. He looked at me again, this time with sincerity.

"I thought you understood, ducky. It's not that I want you to come do my makeup. I don't want you to go to the concert...with him."

A/n: well okay bro whatevs you say xD
So yay! Things are getting serious and it's getting harder to write lol

Thank you cuz my ff got ranked T.T ❤ ILYSM!!

Vote, comment and share~ 😘