Chapter 7/The Sky below me and the land above

Picture interior of a Bernal sphere. See the appendix for more info on space colonies. Video - animated view of inside of ONeil space colony.  Below exterior of Bernal sphere ( artist's impression). This is a huge orbiting space station near the orbit of Mercury. Seveal miles long and wide. It spins to provide gravity. We did mention large space mega structures in the tags  

A/N Photo below - interior ground view of standing on inside of space colony

A/N Photo below - interior ground view of standing on inside of space colony. Once you grew up here it stops looking strange. 

She changed her name as often she had changed shoes

She changed her name as often she had changed shoes. She had gone by a blizzard of names, Martha, Kate, Kitz, Iesaha , Hillary. If she had a real name once she couldn't remember it's tone or timber. Nothing felt familiar. Nothing reminder her of who she was and that was just the way she liked it. She had a few hundred faces, more looks, an obsessive number of identities and backgrounds. At any moment she had at least ten passports. For each tiny passport face she could recount the names of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, uncles and aunts. All fakes, all pulled from the void. The best way to pass a lie detector was to have a strong mental picture for each one. She had so many cover identities her real memories were lost like, tears in the sea.

The name she used most often was the one she had to log into her computer. Vixen. Vixen didn't use the name of her boyfriend as her password. She never had one. A boyfriend that is. Sexual adventures, she had those aplenty but real-time spend with a real guy or girl just for the sake of knowing them was virgin territory for her. 'But who' she would point out, 'made a law saying *everyone* had to have someone else to sit around to shout at and get old and fat with? After all what if there was an odd number of people in the universe?'.

As a joke she was using, the name of Zoe for the moment. Vixen liked new names, for each one she would create a new identity like a child creating a personality for a doll. Zoe, she had decided was bubbly but serious.

After the hit Zoe had returned to her quite Bernal sphere in an L5 orbit of Mercury. It was about a mile in diameter spun at two revolutions per minute. The interior felt like a Swiss valley with dense forest in it's base. The synthetic ecology made if feel like a pure Nordic summer. It was through this that Zoe was breathing heavily running through a forest for her life.