Chapter 36/Mother

A/N Sorry for the single chapter. Wattpad weirdness has made writing. Have we said thanks for the votes yet? No. But we are thankful. It kind of makes every minute here so sweet. RK+Reb. 

When Zoe got back she was relieved the day was over. She had sent a signal to Jeeves who had sent a coded message back which indicated that the hotel room was safe. You can imagine Zoe's surprise when she found a familiar face waiting for her.

"Mother?" Zoe blurted out.

"Good morning or is it afternoon?" Said Mother drinking her tea.

"What are you doing here?" Said Zoe "you know I work alone."

"I got you message about the other person," said Mother. "I've worked out the Dark Orbit's plan. I had to come, Dear."

There was a knock at the door. It slid open to show Ryder at the door.

"YOU!" Zoe said

"You?" Said Ryder to Mother. "Mother?"

"How are your dear?" Mother said getting up. Mother was obviously waiting for Ryder to use his cover name.

"It's me Ryder" said Ryder.

"Ryder of cause it's you.?" Said Mother moving over and hugging Ryder."I haven't seen you in years"

At that point both assassins realised how wrong things were.

Zoe said, "You know him?" While Ryder said "You know her?" simultaneously.

Mother smiled. "You don't think you were my only one do you?"

"Her," said Ryder pointing

Mother nodded.

"Your both my children. Well not literally, but close enough."

"You've trained him. You've trained other assassins" said Zoe as soon as she spoke the words she realised the truth of it. "Guess it makes sense , you couldn't train me without getting some practice in first."

Then Zoe realised Mother never spent more then 50% of her time with her. She was training other assassins. Zoe felt upset and let down.

Ryder sat down and told his robot to get him a drink.

"I thought I could recognise the way you fought in the lift" he added.

"Ryder," said Mother gently chided. "You had a fight?"

"She attacked me," said Ryder pointing.

"Yeah well, he sent a bunch of robots to kill me." Zoe said. "hah. Anyway what were you doing kissing Alux?"

Ryder looked shocked. "How did you know?"

Zoe began "Only Max and about half the workforce watched you grinding his bottom. How could you!"

"Well" began Ryder, "you told me Cathy was to fragile so I dumped her nicely like you said."

Zoe got up.

"You didn't have to pick up with with the other Styles kid," Zoe complained.

Ryder raised his eyebrows "Why not? Is he fragile too? Is everyone on this planet to fragile for a relationship with me? Who am I supposed to use as my in?"

"Grrrr" said Zoe.

Mother put up her hands. "Please children. Don't argue. I came to say Dark Orbits have a plan a bad plan. A plan which ends up with one of you dead."

"The Dark orbits sent him to kill me? He's breaking the great rule!" Said Zoe. She meant the assassins don't kill other assassins rule."Why is there never a blunt chainsaw when you need one."