Breakfast

"Hurry up you're gonna be late!" yelled Dean from the kitchen. "I'm going!' I shouted back in response, " looks like someones gonna be late on their first day." teased Sam. I came running towards the kitchen and grabbed lunch in a rush. "Hey, Dean, you're still taking me to school, right?" I asked him while pouring some ice cold water into a cup. "oh Amy I can't I have some...business...to do." he said with a worried look on his face as he grabbed his coat and a duffel bag. he kisses my forehead as he heads out the bunker. "I promise I'll do it next time, bye love you," he said as he walked out the bunker. " oh, okay....love you too," I said in a disappointed voice. The three us have always been close but I've recently been thinking that Dean has been isolating himself from us. " Hey I'll take you if you want," said Sam waking me from my thoughts. " You sure?" I asked grabbing my bag. " Yeah no problem lets go or really are going to be late." said grabbing the rest of my books.

We got into his car and drove out the bunker. I never liked the first day of school, but starting my sophomore year was different. I was for some reason more afraid than anything. I kept having these strange nightmares that I ha-" Hey, you okay you're never usually this quiet?" Sam, once more, popped my daydream bubble "hmm? Oh no, I'm fine just...tired." I told him but neither he or I believed that. "Well, I didn't want to ask you this now but is there a....friend... that me or Dean should know about? Like a... guy...friend?" I knew what he was talking about but it's fun messing with Sam. " What do you mean?" I asked in the most innocent voice I could muster. " You know like a...boy...friend...?" I laughed at the struggle Sam was having and he glanced over, still keeping his eyes on the road. " Sam I don't have a boyfriend if that's what you're trying to ask.", he let out a small sigh and said "Okay good and if you were to get one-" " I would tell you and Dean first, you know this. anyways I don't think I'm gonna get a boyfriend anytime soon." I sat looking out the window hoping the conversation would end there."Why is that?" he asked. "Well according to many, many kids I'm not "girlfriend" material, I didn't know that I had to reveal skin to be girlfriend material but anyways that might just be me." I have had many guys before asking if I wanted to be their girlfriend but they always acted like I would owe them something if I did, which I didn't and neither should anyone. " Amy don't let anyone pressure you to do something you don't want to do," he said in a more serious tone. " Aww, Sammy you don't have to worry." "I'm your brother, I'm supposed to, I'm just not as worried as dean" "No one can worry as much as Dean," I told him with a chuckle. As we ended this conversation we reached the drop off zone at my school. I immediately spotted my friends, they always got here a little bit earlier than most people because they have nothing better to do. "well this is where I leave you. Have a nice first day." he said as he stopped the car and turned to look at me. I knew he was still worried, its all in the eyes. "Hey, I'm gonna be fine, anyways you know I have you, Dean and the cops in speed dial," I told him for reassurance. "Okay," he said and as I got off the car I knew something was going to be different but I just didn't know what. Enough about that I was about to start my junior year.