Ch:10 Confessions of the Hidden Truth

We were still stuck in Maddie's house inside the laundry room. However, we decided to relax a bit and sit on the floor as we continued to flip through the pictures. There must have been about 100 of them in that UNO box.

"Who is this?"

It was Maddie and Roger sharing a kiss. Why would she have a picture of that? If her parents ever finds this, then she would be in so much trouble.

"That's no one," I said, trying to take the photo from him.

"Then why is she kissing him?"

"I don't know."

Out of nowhere he pinched my nose and said, "Your lips say I don't know, but your eyes say something different. If you don't tell me, then I'll scream at the top of my lungs and we will both be caught."

"Yeah right," I said, shaking my head in disbelief, "You don't want to get caught either, so you won't say or do anything."

"MADDIE HAS A BOY-"

I covered his mouth with my hand immediately. I underestimated you.

So I took in a deep breathe before revealing to him the truth,"That is Roger, her boyfriend from the 7th grade. He is a part of her life that she likes to keep hidden because their relationship has always been complicated. In the 6th grade, Maddie had this huge crush on him, but she forced herself to move on. Then unexpectedly, Roger tells Maddie he wants to be her boyfriend in the 7th grade. From what Maddie has told me, she only said yes out of pity. However, from what I've noticed, Maddie's crush resurfaced and she was just denying it."

"That doesn't make sense. If Maddie was already Roger's girlfriend, then why didn't she let herself feel those feelings that she was trying so hard to suppress?" David asked.

We turned our head towards the direction of the sound of the kitchen door opening. Her father must have finally exited to another room. Yes!

"I don't know and I don't care. Maddie is just as complicated as we are. The kitchen is empty, so now is our time to escape. You can use that photo to humiliate Maddie with. Let's go," I said as I pulled on David's arm.

We carefully opened the door and double checked to see if anyone was around. Since the coast was clear, we bolted into the garage. We are one more door away from freedom.

"Look at this baby," David exclaimed as his eyes were locked on the silver metallic car. That is the car her parents bought for her when she gets her drivers license.

"This is a Toyota Prius with 121 horse power in a stunning metallic silver overlay. Look at that interior detail. It's-"

"David, snap out of it!"

After David was done gawking at Maddie's car, we ran out the door. Our legs took us as fast as it could go until we reached the end of the block.

I was completely out of breathe, but it felt good to finally escaped and be free. As I took in my surroundings, I noticed that there wasn't anyone around. Where's David? I took a 360 degree turn and there was no sight of the tall dark haired friend of mine. Maybe he's still trying to catch up?

So a minute went by, then 2 minutes and 3 minutes. I took a few steps forward to check if David was coming. He was walking slowly in my direction.

"Why are you so slow? I thought I lost you!"

"I just had to tie my shoelaces," he said,"Let's just walk back to our homes."

I glanced at his his shoes before saying,"Well it's getting dark, so we better hurry. You've got the picture, right?"