8☽ Mixed Emotions

Karletta

The Next Day

I could hear the tick-tock from the school clock ringing endlessly into my ear as I was secretly texting Noah during Mr Grant's never-ending lecture.

Yes, the autopsy should be revealed the day Ace Lawford is put down to rest.

Noah Martinez

Thank you, for notifying me of this, I really appreciate it Agent Martinez.

Karletta Lunette

You're welcome, you can call me Noah. I'm only a few years older than you, y'know.

Noah Martinez

Oh really? Be specific please, Agent Martinez.

Karletta Lunette

I'll save it for another day, you, on the other hand, young lady, should be focusing on what your teacher has to say. I'm off limits during school hours, goodbye Miss Lunette.

Noah Martinez

Screw you.

Karletta Lunette

As soon as I switch off my phone and shot my head up, I immediately locked eyes with Ace Lawford whose back was facing me, sitting in the seat he would usually sit in if he was still alive

My hands began shaking as I remembered the discharge of anger from last night, how he slammed the door right on the face of my nosy dad which was completely unnecessary.

The chair slowly creaks but nobody else notices apart from me. Ace steadily turns around in his seat and locks his devilish eyes with mine, sending chills down my spine.

None of this makes any sense, Ace was honestly one of the most down to earth and the most lovable person I had ever met. He never intentionally hurt anyone and always listened even when it was something he didn't want to hear.

It's just really odd, to be honest.

Ace suddenly pauses and faces the front, the smirk that was plastered across his face was completely and quite clearly visible in the fish tank that was placed right in front of his desk.