CHAPTER:50 || The Revelation

~***~

~***~

AUGUST 29, 1988 (Leeds, United Kingdom)

| MAE |

I sighed deeply as she kept on lecturing me through the phone.

Michael went to the stadium for the final arrangements for his show tonight so I decided to call her before reaching the stadium.

"C'mon Mae, the man is saying that he is the happiest. He told you he loved everything you did for him, stop being ridiculous!" she almost yelled the last part.

I bit my lip as I frowned deeply. "I know, Alice. But... He deserved so much better than a small gathering at some hotel's terrace. I couldn't manage to do anything special for his first birthday with me and," I inhaled shakily. "It hurts a bit."

"Oh, Mae," she cooed on the other side of the phone. "I do understand what you are feeling, but trust me, all these things are materialistic, feelings are all that matters." she then paused and I could feel her smirking for I know these lines damn too well.

"Someone told me this apparently." she said, like she was thinking. "Oh! Yes! Wasn't it you? The sweet little, philosophical you?"

I rolled my eyes at her words. "I get it okay? But..." I sighed deeply as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Oh God! Daniel you try and pump some sense into her thick as fuck skull!" she exclaimed agitated and my mouth dropped open at her words.

"Thick as fuck skull?!" I said in a defending tone.

"Yes and you better—"

"Okay okay. I got her." Daniel interrupted her and I narrowed my eyes at her words.

"Well, Hyena, all I can say is men are extremely sensitive when their women shows or tries to show how much their men mean to them. So I can bet, your man must have absolutely loved your surprise, considering how much even the tiny thing you do for him, means to him." He explained to me and I couldn't help but to smile.

"And, these words are coming from someone who has never got any surprise party so— Ouch! What the hell!" I laughed at their goofiness and I could imagine Alice throwing daggers at him with her eyes.

"And now I'll make sure you won't be getting any surprise in the future." Alice cooed in her best 'bitch' voice and I laughed even more as Daniel sighed.

Then I felt my smile fading away as my brain fogged with the darkest of thoughts.

"Hyena?" his voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I sighed deeply.

"I need to tell you guys something really important." I said in a very worried tone which was quite obvious.

"What's wrong?" he asked, sounding worried.