CHAPTER:51 || We are Forever

Here's another chapter for you all! I really adore and appreciate each one of you.

So much love to all of you.

:

[Michael Jackson interview with his sister LaToya Jackson, 1984, Hayvenhurst.]

~***~

SEPTEMBER 13, 1988 (LA, California, USA)

| MICHAEL |

As I stepped inside our room from bathroom, securing my sweatpants, after taking a much needed shower, I saw her as she was sitting on the window sill, where I left her. She sat there hugging her knees to her chest, with her eyes closed, her head was resting against the window glass as her back was resting against the wall.

"What are you thinking, my love?" I asked softly.

She didn't acknowledged me at all.

"Baby?" I called her softly.

A small smile touched my lips as I sighed softly. I started to move towards her as she continued to sit there, completely oblivious of my presence.

When I reached her I bent down, leaning closer and pressed my lips against her cheek.

She gasped weakly, as she opened her eyes, keeping her hand on her chest. Her eyes met mine and she inhaled deeply, closing her eyes briefly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't meant to startle you." I apologized sincerely as she hopped off the window sill, looking at me with a soft expression on her face.

I held her waist and pulled her towards me. She wrapped her arms around my warm, bare, still slightly dampened torso as I pressed my lips against her forehead.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" my low voice questioned a bit concerned as I tucked a piece of her very slightly wet hair from her shower, behind her ear.

"I couldn't sleep." she said lowly, nuzzling her face in my chest.

I closed my eyes, inhaling deeply in pure bliss as I felt her warm breaths against my skin and her hands caressed the skin of my back. I softly traced my lips on her forehead then kissed her forehead gently, tightening my arms around her.

I knew she was upset after what happened in the studio this evening. I should have told her about Sheryl, although I never dated her. I have always thought of her as a friend. Nothing more, ever. It wasn't even important for me and that's why I never mentioned it.

I kissed her forehead again. I knew she was thinking about that. I wanted to talk. I wanted to take away her worries, her confusions. "Come with me, sweetheart." I said pulling away, looking at her as something clicked my mind. She looked at me with curious eyes before I headed towards our closet to put on a flannel shirt. 

I held her hand leading her outside the room, reaching outside the house. I lead her to the fountain and we settled there on the wall which makes the boundary of fountain.