Chapter 28

Rain fell from the clouds and pounded on the roof, creating a sort of soothing tempo for Amara as she laid awake in Joshua's arms.

He laid on his side, his arm thrown over her torso, his leg intertwined with hers and his face buried in her neck as he snored slightly.

Amara relished in the feeling of being back in his arms. He was one of the only people out in Florida that she knew truly cared about her and her well-being. And she knew she had some kissing up to do in order to make up for the way she treated him.

Amara grabbed the remote, turning the television on. She decided to watch some cartoons while waiting for Joshua to wake up. After laying there watching about an hours worth of Courage The Cowardly Dog, he started to wake up. He yawned, getting in a good stretch before turning to look at Amara. Staring at each other, neither of them said anything.

Amara took in his features. His bright green eyes framed by his long, naturally curled eyelashes. His unkempt beard giving him his masculine, lumberjack-ish look. His long unruly brown hair that shaped his face. He was one of the most beautiful people she had ever seen. And he was all hers.

"I love you." Amara said, breaking the silence.

"Ti amo anch'io." Joshua smiled. (I love you too.)

"You know I would never do anything to purposely hurt you or Luca, right?"

"Of course. We just need to work on our communication. I don't want to stage this situation out like it's the worse thing you could have ever done, but we can't start off our relationship having things like this happen. We've only been together 3 months. It's not a good foundation."

"I know. It's just that I've never had a solid relationship so I sometimes forget how they work."

"And that's fine. We're gonna work on that. We got all the time we need. No need to rush anything."

"Thank you. For being so patient with me and all the drama I've brought into your life. I know it's been a lot on you."

"As long as I'm with you, I'll deal with whatever comes my way. Not everyone's perfect. Everyone has a past. I'm not going to judge you based off of yours."

Amara leaned down, placing her forehead on Joshua's.

"I'd be lost without you."

"I'm glad to help you find your way, baby."

•••

Short Jamara moment 💞

I want to get deeper into the works of their relationship cause there's a lot y'all still don't know about Joshua and Amara 🐸☕️

Lemme know what y'all think cause I'm always glad to hear it.

Bye Loves

(Not Edited)