THIRTY-ONE ➳ SYMPATHY FOR THE DE VIL

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
SYMPATHY FOR THE DE VIL
╚═════ ═════╝

╔═════ ═════╗CHAPTER THIRTY-ONESYMPATHY FOR THE DE VIL╚═════ ═════╝

"WELL, THIS IS CERTAINLY HOMEY." Teresa perked up at the sound of a voice and marched out of the cabins kitchen with her glass of water and into the living room. There, she found Gold and a man who she's never seen before, latter of the two looking around the cabin to take it all in.

"Antlers are a nice touch. Makes me feel like Hemingway. Or maybe Thoreau. Name's Isaac, by the way."

"Do you always talk this much, Isaac?" Teresa questioned as she leaned against the door frame. Gold hummed in agreement.

Isaac turned to look at her and a smile pulled onto his lips when he seen it was Teresa Holmes that had spoken to him. "Only when I'm nervous." Isaac then turned to Gold. "And you still have my quill."

"Yeah. Well, for now, let's call it...my quill," Gold said as he pulled out a black quill from his inner jacket pocket.

"You know, it's worthless without its ink," Isaac told him, causing Teresa's eyes to widen.

"Hold up, this is the author?"

Gold have the archer a nod, a silent answer to her shocked question. "Oh, I'm aware, and I plan to obtain some very soon."

"Yeah. And just how are you gonna do that?"

"Simple. Now you're here, I'm gonna turn the saviour dark."

Teresa crossed her arms over her chest as she glared at the Dark One. Like hell he's going to turn Emma dark!

"What will that accomplish?" Isaac questioned.

"Once her heart has been blackened, everything I need shall fall into place. You'll see soon enough, when my associates return."

Isaac crossed the room, passing Gold. He came to a stop at the coat rack, where he then stroked Cruella's fur coat. Teresa arched a brow, wondering what the hell he was doing. "Your associates seem to have a taste for fur. And perfume. Can't wait to meet them."

"Surely you must know them from your stories."

"Know of them, sure, but an author rarely gets — "

Gold cut him off, "Be quiet. Don't say another word. Something's just come up. You stay here till I return."

"Until you return?" Isaac stared at him with wide eyes. "But who's gonna..." Gold then disappeared in a cloud of smoke, causing Isaac to let out a sigh. "Protect me?"

Teresa smirked. "I'm offended; you're the author and you think I'm not great protection."

Isaac turned to look at her. "I meant no offense. Like I was going to say, I may be the author but I have rarely met any of the people I write about. You, I have not."